The Trump Indictment Thread

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I like your idea of Biden pardoning himself and Hunter just before he leaves office if, heaven forbid, Trump wins. It would probably end up before the SCOTUS. If they approved self-pardons, Biden and Hunter would be immune from federal prosecution for acts already committed. And if they didn't, Trump wouldn't be able to pardon himself.
seems clear, fwiw, that biden can pardon hunter. so at least that part won’t be an issue.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t like the optics of it. I don’t think it’s necessary. Even if irrefutable evidence of no god existing materialized and Trump got back into office, he’s too old and there won’t be enough republicans in congress to strongarm bullshit. Trump may get that authoritarian ball rolling, but there ain’t enough cultists in America for him to turn the country into a MAGA-branded North Korea in what’s left of his obese and incontinent life.

I get the concern, truly, but if republicans think it was ugly just because nimrod lost in 2020, they’re going to be far more upset at what’s to come if they attempt to do what they laughably and incorrectly try to say Biden and dems are doing to them.

I’d go ahead and pardon my son though. If Trump can pardon f*****g Roger Stone and fat slob alkie Steve Bannon, Biden should absolutely pardon his surviving son, and brag about it. Trump also pardoned a murdering war criminal and probably a few other lunatics who escape my kind. So yeah, I fully encourage a public pardon of Hunter with two middle fingers in the air. I’d read the pardon letter on TV, preferably to a joint session of congress.

“Lastly, I’m pardoning my son Hunter Biden. Love you son - from the big guy. May god protect our troops and god bless America.”

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I don’t like the optics of it. I don’t think it’s necessary. Even if irrefutable evidence of no god existing materialized and Trump got back into office, he’s too old and there won’t be enough republicans in congress to strongarm bullshit. Trump may get that authoritarian ball rolling, but there ain’t enough cultists in America for him to turn the country into a MAGA-branded North Korea in what’s left of his obese and incontinent life.

I get the concern, truly, but if republicans think it was ugly just because nimrod lost in 2020, they’re going to be far more upset at what’s to come if they attempt to do what they laughably and incorrectly try to say Biden and dems are doing to them.

I’d go ahead and pardon my son though. If Trump can pardon f*****g Roger Stone and fat slob alkie Steve Bannon, Biden should absolutely pardon his surviving son, and brag about it. Trump also pardoned a murdering war criminal and probably a few other lunatics who escape my kind. So yeah, I fully encourage a public pardon of Hunter with two middle fingers in the air. I’d read the pardon letter on TV, preferably to a joint session of congress.

“Lastly, I’m pardoning my son Hunter Biden. Love you son - from the big guy. May god protect our troops and god bless America.”
A very classy move would be to resign with a day or two left, let Kamala Harris become the first female president, and let her pardon whomever she wishes.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Give me an example of this.

The whole looking at the world through the myopic lens of oppressor/oppressed and colonization. The idea that life is a zero sum game where those that get ahead must only have been able to get there by exploiting others- particularly those at the bottom. That whoever is seen as having more “power” or status in a conflict is automatically assumed to be in the wrong. Holding those in power to accountability but never The totally unrealistic expectations revolving around “equity”. The frenzy of iconoclasm, trying to changing school names of founding fathers because Lincoln’s response to the Souix uprising was inappropriate, Jefferson owned slaves, or Paul Revere because he was colonist. Or changing the name Columbus Day. Or tearing down a statue of an abolitionist, apparently assuming he must have been guilty of something. Or promoting false histories like was done in parts of the 1619 project and then is defended by saying “we never said it was our true history”. When I was growing up in the 90’s, we were taught to judge people on their character, not their skin color. Today, we are supposed to make prejudicial assumptions about power and victimhood status, along with the value of that person’s thoughts, based on immutable characteristics.

That’s not to say such ideas cannot be explored and should not be explored. But when it’s take at face value as the only way. I’m not sure how you can have a productive society or diverse people if you have everyone hating everyone either because they feel victimized or wrongly painted as being exploited.

It’s not a shock to know that most colleges, especially liberal arts and the most elite, are dominated by left and progressive ideas often rise from academia.

More young people are identifying as progressives- to be clear I don’t think it’s just because of education. Looking at problems in our capitalist country, especially for younger generations, there are clearly other pressures. The progressive faction of the Democratic Party has grown quickly in recent times.

The ADL has cited left wing antisemtism as

This goes back well before 2024 too. It’s been a much bigger problem in Europe for years which has resulted in Jews leaving many European counties.

The underlying concept is the “‘new antisemtism” which has been around since the 70’s. To be fair, I’m not sure all of the so called “activists” on campus even know what they’re protesting. Some are certainly good people with good intentions but are along for the ride because it provides a sense of meaning and purpose, but being used as puppets. You have every right to protest what Israel is doing, but if you really care about Gazans why are you also not protesting against the evils of Hamas.

One red flag for me are the people who complained in 2018 when the IDF was forced to shoot Palestinian civilians who were charging the borders en mass and killing them, asking why couldn’t they shoot them in the legs? meanwhile Hamas pays family’s of shot civilians, more if its on tape, more its a child). So the IDF began shooting these people in the legs- today I see these same people criticizing Israel for heinously “maiming” civilians by intentionally shooting them in the legs when recounting the 2018 events. Sorry, that’s being totally disingenuous. These are the tip of the iceberg the double standards in play.

This is all not to say right wing antisemitism doesn’t exist or should be forgotten. These people tend to be the far more dangerous ones when it comes to killing people. It also should be stated most of the random beating of Jews in NYC- those are committed by almost entirely mentally ill people and that should be recognized for context too. I am concerned of the potential of one or two or a small group of radicalized pro-Palestine activists might do something very stupid.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Don't you get the sense that he is trying to dare the Judge in actually jailing him. It will either get his base all frothed up, and he can scream on how corrupt the Judge is, WITCH HUNT, etc, or show how limp the Justice system is.

I definitely think Trump is trying to egg him on. I think it would be in very poor judgement for the Judge to jail Trump. Idk when the democrats will realize the more they attack Trump, the more popular he becomes. That said, jailing Trump I think would only be giving Trump what he wants.

I don’t think this case is a witch hunt per se but it’s clearly a political hit job. I think there definitely legitimate cases against Trump, this is not one of them and even if I pretend the legal theory and basis make sense, the way the court has conducted itself is pretty shameful and makes it hard for this not to look like a kangaroo court. Granted, Trump does nothing to help himself here.

I almost feel like there is every expectation Trump will lose this case but it will be overturned in the appeal. The goal is to humiliate and bog down his campaign. And that’s why things like Stormy Daniel’s testimony were allowed to proceed as they do. I’m not sure how any of her testimony is relevant anyways. It’s also totally incongruent with her previous statements from years ago.

The mistake of an asinine court case like this is it distracts from the credibility of more serious cases. It makes his supporters think all the cases must be illegitimate. Then you have some people in the middle who are disgusted by Trump but so disgusted by what appears to be lawfare, they’ll vote for Trump. For the most part everyone’s mind is made up already. So they’re just trying to convince people that already hate Trump passionately while stirring up his base and giving them a reason to believe this is the “most existential election that had ever or will ever existed.”

If Trump wins, I can’t wait for the left wing pundits to come to the realization.

P.S. To be honest, if you’re looking to have Biden re-elected and yet there’s widespread concern from everyone he is too old, putting Trump’s promiscuous sex life on trial (even if 20 years ago, no one is thinking that), makes Trump seem much more vital than Biden.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it would be in very poor judgement for the Judge to jail Trump.

Of course. There should also have been a red carpet rolled out for Trump on his way into court each day, the thermostat set to 75 degrees and his coinpurse caressed with the delicacy of a flower.

What we can’t be having any of, is this criminal grifter facing remotely anywhere near the consequences you, I or anyone else would.

Would truly be bad judgement for the judge to treat all defendants equally. That’s how democracy ends, by not propping up the rich and powerful.

I think it’s bad judgement to give him twenty chances. Or fifty, or whatever he’s up to now. For the party who’s all about tossing people’s asses in jail and cheering on the death penalty, they sure do look like big fat hypocrites with this criminal nimrod utterly controlling the minds of his gullible followers.

Throw him in Riker’s for a week. Not because he is or isn’t a former president, but because it’s literally what the judge would do if this was any other defendant.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Of course. There should also have been a red carpet rolled out for Trump on his way into court each day, the thermostat set to 75 degrees and his coinpurse caressed with the delicacy of a flower.

What we can’t be having any of, is this criminal grifter facing remotely anywhere near the consequences you, I or anyone else would.

Would truly be bad judgement for the judge to treat all defendants equally. That’s how democracy ends, by not propping up the rich and powerful.

I think it’s bad judgement to give him twenty chances. Or fifty, or whatever he’s up to now. For the party who’s all about tossing people’s asses in jail and cheering on the death penalty, they sure do look like big fat hypocrites with this criminal nimrod utterly controlling the minds of his gullible followers.

Throw him in Riker’s for a week. Not because he is or isn’t a former president, but because it’s literally what the judge would do if this was any other defendant.

“the more they attack trump”

I think RFK Jr’s brainworm has been getting around, and particularly likes chomping on the bit of the cerebrum responsible for understanding the difference between “attacking” someone and holding someone responsible for the consequences of illegal actions the exact same way anyone else would be held responsible.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I definitely think Trump is trying to egg him on. I think it would be in very poor judgement for the Judge to jail Trump. Idk when the democrats will realize the more they attack Trump, the more popular he becomes. That said, jailing Trump I think would only be giving Trump what he wants.

I don’t think this case is a witch hunt per se but it’s clearly a political hit job. I think there definitely legitimate cases against Trump, this is not one of them and even if I pretend the legal theory and basis make sense, the way the court has conducted itself is pretty shameful and makes it hard for this not to look like a kangaroo court. Granted, Trump does nothing to help himself here.

I almost feel like there is every expectation Trump will lose this case but it will be overturned in the appeal. The goal is to humiliate and bog down his campaign. And that’s why things like Stormy Daniel’s testimony were allowed to proceed as they do. I’m not sure how any of her testimony is relevant anyways. It’s also totally incongruent with her previous statements from years ago.

The mistake of an asinine court case like this is it distracts from the credibility of more serious cases. It makes his supporters think all the cases must be illegitimate. Then you have some people in the middle who are disgusted by Trump but so disgusted by what appears to be lawfare, they’ll vote for Trump. For the most part everyone’s mind is made up already. So they’re just trying to convince people that already hate Trump passionately while stirring up his base and giving them a reason to believe this is the “most existential election that had ever or will ever existed.”

If Trump wins, I can’t wait for the left wing pundits to come to the realization.

P.S. To be honest, if you’re looking to have Biden re-elected and yet there’s widespread concern from everyone he is too old, putting Trump’s promiscuous sex life on trial (even if 20 years ago, no one is thinking that), makes Trump seem much more vital than Biden.
So after the Planet Hollywood tape which historically would have sunk ANY candidate for President, falsifying business records besides being illegal, to cover up another politically jeopardizing event is ok with you and is a political hit job?

Why don’t you take a moment to acknowledge just what a threat to the country another 4 years of Trump dismantling and turning the Federal Government into his personal fiefdom means to you? 🤔

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's like "Yes, Trump may be a rapist with 91 felony indictments but at least he's not 4 years older!" :LOL: And here we thought we only had one hardcore MAGA supporter on this site. It's like the worse Trump gets, the more his supporters embrace him. We're living in strange times.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
As a lawyer, this is hilarious to me. Just a godawful way to end your questioning. Terrible lawyering.

1715271243098.png

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

They won't. And yet will be surprised when he does well.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

First, him being jailed wouldn't be an attack by the democrats regardless of how the media wants to frame it. That would be the judge who would punish him for his behavior. How on earth did you arrive at the conclusion that it would be the democrats doing this?

Second I'm calling bullshit on this "the more they attack, the more popular he becomes". I'll accept that his base becomes more and more riled up the longer this goes on. But you're going to have to show some sort of evidence before I'll buy the idea that legal "attacks" are making perfectly reasonable people decide that he's the candidate who deserves their vote. And that enough perfectly reasonable people are changing their minds to change the outcome of the election. More noise does not necessarily equate to more support.

Third, people should go to court if they've been accused of crimes. Not because it will affect their popularity. Popularity should have no part in this. The rich and powerful should be equal to the poor and downtrodden before the eyes of the law. What you suggest is a completely different system of justice if someone is popular enough to earn it. A system where the popularity of the outcome is something that needs to be considered.

Finally, so what if he does want to be jailed? He's not running the show. He doesn't get the decide the punishment for his crime. That's not how it works. If the judge is making rulings based on what the accused does or does not want, that judge should be booted from their job.

With all due respect, that whole paragraph reads like something lifted straight off Fox News.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
They won't. And yet will be surprised when he does well.
These kinds of equivalence argument/bullshit pseudo-pep talks are something. If the more Trump is attacked revealed, the more he is liked, so be it, and if he becomes POTIUS again, then fuck us, we collectively DAMNED WELL deserve the bad outcome.

The people who actually believe in the foundations upon which the Nation was founded as a democratic Republic will never support this kind of vile poison. And if your hope becomes reality, it’s tragic that the sane will have to suffer through the insanity until it is snuffed one way or another. 😡

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Second I'm calling bullshit on this "the more they attack, the more popular he becomes". I'll accept that his base becomes more and more riled up the longer this goes on. But you're going to have to show some sort of evidence before I'll buy the idea that legal "attacks" are making perfectly reasonable people decide that he's the candidate who deserves their vote. And that enough perfectly reasonable people are changing their minds to change the outcome of the election. More noise does not necessarily equate to more support.

There is a recent Harvard/Harris (so not some RW polling outfit) that found that 57% of respondents think the charges against Trump are political. How do you reconcile that?

Third, people should go to court if they've been accused of crimes. Not because it will affect their popularity. Popularity should have no part in this. The rich and powerful should be equal to the poor and downtrodden before the eyes of the law. What you suggest is a completely different system of justice if someone is popular enough to earn it. A system where the popularity of the outcome is something that needs to be considered.

If Trump were not Trump and just a normal citizen, do you think he would really be facing these charges?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
There is a recent Harvard/Harris (so not some RW polling outfit) that found that 57% of respondents think the charges against Trump are political. How do you reconcile that?

If Trump were not Trump and just a normal citizen, do you think he would really be facing these charges?
Any previous politician who did a fraction of what Trump did would long ago have been prosecuted, convicted, and jailed. For that matter, they would never have made it to the Oval Office if something like the Access Hollywood tape came to light.

I'm tired of the refrain "we can't punish him because he'll fundraise." All the kid glove handling he gets just makes him appear stronger and further above the law to his supporters.

Top Bottom
1 2