What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m catching up a little here. Went on a lovely 5 day cruise to celebrate my mother’s 90th birthday with the entire family. A great time was had by all.

Started couging at dinner the last night, but didn’t bother me enough to slow down or not drive home on Monday. However, Tuesday morning I was quick to do a Covid rapid test. Negative. There was something familiar about the pain though, so the next morning I went to our gorgeous stand-alone ED and told them I was pretty sure I had pneumonia. After a bunch of tests and a chest x-ray, the doc agreed with my diagnosis. I got a breathing treatment, an ass Full of steroids and antibiotics, and was sent home with more antibiotic and an inhaler.

Forward to Friday. Feeling worse. Back to the ED where they repeated all the same tests and gave me another breathing treatment. Pneumonia had spread to both lungs. My first ambulance ride to the main hospital, where I was admitted and kept for 3 days being stuffed with antibiotics and heaven knows what else. Got sent home yesterday with another 10 day course of antibiotic and medicine for a nebulizer so I could do my own breathing treatment. No nebulizer to be had anywhere. Amazon to the rescue! Pity we can’t get next day delivery here, even with Prime. But I’ll be able to start the breathing treatments tomorrow, whenever it shows up. Meanwhile, the inhaler it is.

My ribs no longer feel broken. I still have to do all the laundry and finish unpacking from the cruise!

Top Bottom
1 2