2 people pass out from gas leak while trying to steal furnace, Winnipeg police say

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Posts
2,787
Reaction score
4,605
Winnipeg police say they responded to the report of a break and enter on Stella Avenue early Saturday evening, where they found two adults unresponsive. (Kevin Nepitabo/CBC)
Two people who police say tried to steal a furnace from a vacant Winnipeg house on the weekend had to be rescued after accidentally causing a gas leak and passing out.
Officers responded to a report of a break and enter at a house on north Stella Avenue, between McGregor and Powers streets, around 5:30 p.m. Saturday, the Winnipeg Police Service said in a Wednesday news release.
Residents had reported an odour of natural gas, which could be smelled outside. The officers who responded noticed the strong smell coming from the house, and spotted two unresponsive people inside.
Police went in and rescued both adults, "who had been overcome by the noxious gas fumes," the release said.
 
Top Bottom