Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Whoo-hoo! 🥳 Trump must be having a meltdown.

Well that piece suggests someone in the admin made a couple of conciliatory tweets for him to ship out...

But yeah, I'm sure Trump is melting down more and more.

Surely he was not happy about the letter biz execs sent urging the transition be allowed to begin either.​
Nor that the Congressional oversight group rejected GSA's earlier half-concession to demands that Emily Murphy appear and answer questions om the delay: she had said a deputy could do a briefing "sometime next week", which response fetched up a letter from Congress today saying no way, you do it tomorrow, Tuesday, and if your group can't handle the tech for a remote briefing, "we can help you"...

And then as if by miracle, GSA Emily punches out a letter saying no need for briefing, I just authorized the transition, of my own free will.​

This is a big deal. Besides money for the transition, Biden can now place transition team members in the federal agencies and he must be given the full and classified President's Daily Briefing... plus info on the plans for coronavirus vaccine distribution.

So but now,,, what should I do with the popcorn I had laid in during anticipation of seeing Congresswoman Katie Porter grilling GSA-Emily on C-Span, I wonder.

Well I guess there's still the chance of a remove-me-if-you-can scene on January 20th if Trump still thinks he can get SCOTUS to crown him.

By the way the Boston Globe ran a hilarious piece about that today... it's likely paywalled but worth hunting around for an aggregated pickup somewhere. They asked a hostage negotiator, an animal control officer, a "toddler whisperer" plus a behavioral economist and a dog trainer for ideas on how to get Trump outta that bunker if he hasn't vacated it on time.

I liked the dog trainer's idea at the wrap of the piece:

"Some dogs are tricky, he said. “They come out of the crate, grab the food, and go back in. So we make adjustments, we close the crate door quickly, or we move the food further away.”

“Dogs like to play,” he added, “so sometimes you can get them out of the crate if you show them a ball.”

Or maybe a golf cart.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'd like to see the GSA idiot head prosecuted for something. She is an embarrassment to that organization.

Well at least GSA Emily finally signed off on the thing.

Last thing I read about her before CNN broke news of the authorization was some piece by a former government official.. more or less reminding that when one is dismissed from public service, people only remember the very last thing one did (or, didn't do) before leaving...

So now Biden can get office space and use $6 million of transition seed money tacked onto whatever has been donated meanwhile for the purpose, use FBI resources to vet prospective staffers, get classified briefings, sit in with agency doings, and probably make lists of last minute Trump moves they'll want to reverse on Day One.

Bloomberg ran a thoughtful piece a couple weeks ago by their deputy editor of Business Week, on damage done by Trump to the infrastructure of American government, discussing five things Biden can do to jump-start repairs without having to resort to legislation.... the list had much to do with just reinstating functionality that was destroyed or marginalized by Trump's habit of appointing politically loyal acting chiefs and firing staffers motivated by science or career diplomatic skills etc.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And it’s over period.

Not before time; it is outrageous that this has taken this long for this to happen.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump’s people have already started to leave the building...

I picture Donny on the roof threatening to throw himself off.

E5A5143C-3B03-4A4B-8915-81457AB4F52A.png

That ship took 4 years to pitch on it’s nose.

5EEB1250-FF2E-4DA3-A714-7F065AAED5AB.jpeg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I picture Donny on the roof threatening to throw himself off.

That ship took 4 years to pitch on it’s nose.

But, no, guys - dudes, chaps - such as him don't ever throw themselves off a roof, no matter how loudly they may threaten to do so. They care for themselves far too much to even think of doing such a thing. Rather, they damage and hurt and wound and maim others, instead.

They merely threaten to do so, - loudly, yes - so as to hold those close to themselves as emotional hostages, and then proceed to lay total and complete and scorched earth style waste - physically, literally, metaphorically - to their surroundings and whatever world they find themselves in, as a punishment to everyone else for failing to continue to adore them, indulge them, enable them, facilitate them, and excuse and explain away their every excess.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
But, no guys such as him don't ever throw themselves off a roof, no matter how loudly they may threaten to do so. They damage and hurt and would and maim others, instead.

Rather, they merely threaten to do so, hold those close to themselves as emotional hostages, and lay total ad complete and scorched earth style waste - physically, literally, metaphorically - to their surroundings and whatever world they find themselves in, as a punishment for failing to continue to adore them, indulge them, table them, facilitate them, and excuse their every excess.
Maybe the throwing himself off the roof part happens when the Southern District of New York knocks on his door... :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2