2021 MBP accessories

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1) Anyone have any experience with the magic keyboard with touch ID? At the office I always use a magic keyboard with my current MBP, and it works fine, but I am kind of tempted by the new one for no reason at all. I don’t operate in clamshell mode so I have no actual need for the Touch ID on the external keyboard, but I was wondering if there are any other noticeable differences (I know the function key mapping is a little different than on the old keyboards).

2) Anyone else buy a reckless amount of 140W chargers and USB-C-to-MagSafe cables? I figure I’ll have two of them in fixed locations (one in the office, one behind my sofa), and will keep another couple for travel and a spare. Of course I know that third-party versions will become available, but I’ve had a lot of bad luck with even third party 100W USB-C bricks, so I’m not sure how long it will be until reliable 140W or higher models are available. Also not sure if there will be third party MagSafe cables, but I’m fine with using USB-C on both ends once those become available from other sources.

3) when will the plethora of sleeves show up on Amazon ? :)

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The first thing anyone should do soon after buying a new laptop is buy a Type R sticker to apply to the lid. Doing so will add at least 300Mhz to your base clock speeds.

I had to google that

Top Bottom
1 2