2021 NFL Season

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And another avoidable tragedy from the NFL:

When I heard they were going to relocate the Raiders to LV, my first thought wasn't about gambling and fixing games, it was that you shouldn't turn young, newly-rich, A-type men loose in that environment. And this is the result. 🥲

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And another avoidable tragedy from the NFL:

When I heard they were going to relocate the Raiders to LV, my first thought wasn't about gambling and fixing games, it was that you shouldn't turn young, newly-rich, A-type men loose in that environment. And this is the result. 🥲

He has been released by the Raiders.

In other news, Aaron Rodgers has tested positive for COVID and will not play Sunday against the Chiefs.

So will we see Jordan Love or someone else? Not sure it will matter as the Chiefs barely beat the Giants.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
More on Ruggs:

Prosecutors said Ruggs was traveling 156 mph two seconds before the crash and was at 127 mph when the air bags deployed in his vehicle. Judge Joe M. Bonaventure responded that he couldn't recall speeds that high involved in a crash during his career on the bench.

Not sure how he survived it.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ol' poor Aaron Rodgers. Unvaccinated playing a contact sport and somehow gets COVID. I see other sports types can't practice and/or play, but... :unsure:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers tells radio show he is unvaccinated, getting Covid advice from Joe Rogan

Between his lengthy, petulant preseason holdout and this, Aaron Rodgers has really been working hard to get into the Stupid Hall of Fame.

Edit: And here’s a pretty good summary of the many things Rodgers gets wrong.

His whines about wokeness and cancel culture sound like what they are: weak excuses.

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
More on Ruggs:

Not sure how he survived it.
Tragic all around, especially for the young woman who was killed. Ruggs will spend time in prison — I think the minimum is two years — and may never restart his football career. Unfortunately that's what can happen when you take a 22-year-old with much more money than judgement. I also don't understand how Ruggs and his GF could have survived if his Corvette struck the victim's car at 127 MPH. The front of Rugg's vehicle was completely crushed, but not Ms. Tintor's Rav4, which caught on fire. Maybe the crash wasn't head on, or perhaps both cars were moving. It also makes me wonder if the Corvette had an emergency braking system and if it was active, though I'm not aware how these systems function at such high speeds. I've had AEB on two cars and it doesn't take much to set them off.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Between his lengthy, petulant preseason holdout and this, Aaron Rodgers has really been working hard to get into the Stupid Hall of Fame.
He seems to be having fun trolling people.

He is a great QB and one of the few you might pick if you had to win a game.

But yes, he is a petulant little bitch when he doesn't get what he wants.

He can be quite good at trolling as well. Not in this case though.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Tragic all around, especially for the young woman who was killed. Ruggs will spend time in prison — I think the minimum is two years — and may never restart his football career. Unfortunately that's what can happen when you take a 22-year-old with much more money than judgement. I also don't understand how Ruggs and his GF could have survived if his Corvette struck the victim's car at 127 MPH. The front of Rugg's vehicle was completely crushed, but not Ms. Tintor's Rav4, which caught on fire. Maybe the crash wasn't head on, or perhaps both cars were moving. It also makes me wonder if the Corvette had an emergency braking system and if it was active, though I'm not aware how these systems function at such high speeds. I've had AEB on two cars and it doesn't take much to set them off.

Black box data indicates he was at 156 mph 2 seconds before airbag deployment at 127mph. That is some serious braking.

Here is a pic of his car. Passenger compartment doesn't look too badly damaged. It is one of the new mid-engine models.

ruggs-car-crash-1.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Back to NFL news, looks like OBJ will be with a new team next week. He will be released by the Browns and can be claimed on waivers. If no one picks him and his remaining $7.5M salary, he will become a free agent.

He is a great talent, but has had issues with both teams he has been with. Maybe it is as simple as he didn't get the ball as much as he wanted or maybe there is more. In any case, I wouldn't pair him with a rookie or young QB. He needs someone like a Brady or Rodgers or Wilson who will get in his face and tell him to sit down and STFU. He also needs a strong coach like a Tomlin or Reid who won't put up with his crap.

But Detroit has first claim to him on waivers. Could be just another bad decision like the Lions like to make.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Up here in northern Ohio, we've been over Beckham for a while now. When he's good, he's good. But he's injured a lot, and Mayfield and OBJ are rarely in sync. Name a receiver or tight end, and Mayfield has a higher percentage of completions to that guy than he does to OBJ.

Plus, he's been out of enough games that people are starting to recognize that the Browns win more games without OBJ than they do with him. So what's the point of having him?

His dad talking shit was, I think, providential, because now we're adding personal issues--and that's finally backed the Browns into a corner where they have to move him.

We really won't miss him around here. The Lions are welcome to him.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Black box data indicates he was at 156 mph 2 seconds before airbag deployment at 127mph. That is some serious braking.
No, not really. That is a difference of 29mph in 2 seconds. Can you brake from thirty to a stop in 2 seconds? That is around two-thirds of a g (a g is about 22mph/s). It does not matter what the actual starting and ending speed are when you brake (or accelerate). The serious braking was going from 127 to zero in about a second, with the assistance of another vehicle.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It's funny the stuff that comes out after the fact.

Beckham was visibly incensed not to get the ball at such a critical moment. And in the hours and days that followed, Mayfield was relentlessly panned. Why didn't he throw it to Beckham? Especially when OBJ was wide open?

Except, Beckham had run the wrong route. Or, to put it another way, his own route.

"That's why Baker looked confused," as one team source put it. "That's how it was all year, which was frustrating."

From the story, Beckham sounds like a decent guy. And so does Mayfield, who spent a lot of off-season time with Beckham practicing. But it sounds like Beckham was running a little too independent of the playbook.

Over their time together, Mayfield underthrew or overthrew Beckham on 27% of his attempts, according to ESPN Stats & Information, the third-highest rate of any quarterback-receiving duo in the league.

Mayfield has been far better throwing the ball to literally anyone else. His QBR targeting Beckham over the past three seasons is 58 (scale 0-to-100). But to every other Browns wide receiver, it is a combined 85.2.

"Odell is in his head, and [Mayfield] is pressing every time [Beckham] is around," one former Browns team source said. "Odell throws him off . ... and it gets all f---ed up from there because Baker becomes indecisive."
That Denver game in 2019 was just one of many flashpoints.

The play had called for Beckham to cross paths with Landry over the middle of the field, a mesh concept that potentially would free one of them for the first down. Unsure where Beckham was going, Mayfield turned away.

We've been scratching our heads about why the Mayfield-Beckham pairing doesn't work, and the above sure explains a lot of things. Heck, I give kudos to Mayfield for not airing out his frustration this entire time.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ol' poor Aaron Rodgers. Unvaccinated playing a contact sport and somehow gets COVID. I see other sports types can't practice and/or play, but... :unsure:

I had another thought on this. Why he didn't use his vax status as a way to get out of GB. Teams do not want unvaxxed QB's because of the close contact they have with the coaches and other QB's. Might have been the way out for him.

And now how the team has been following protocols is being questioned.

Top Bottom
1 2