2021 NFL Season

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine is the Dolphins
I used to love the Dolphins…but I gave them up when they fired Don Shula.

Living in Mobile with New Orleans only two hours away it always made sense to root for the Saints. My daughter and I have been huge Saints fans since before they won the Super Bowl.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I used to love the Dolphins…but I gave them up when they fired Don Shula.

Living in Mobile with New Orleans only two hours away it always made sense to root for the Saints. My daughter and I have been huge Saints fans since before they won the Super Bowl.

And there is a connection there. When Saban was coaching them, they brought in Drew Brees as a potential FA. He failed the Dolphin's physical. Three days later he signed with the Saints. Wonder if that Dr. was fired because he only went to 9 Pro-Bowls and won a SB after that.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Being from northern Ohio, my team’s always been the Browns…even though they spent two decades being the NFL’s version of the Chicago Cubs.

Anyway, I’ve got lots to look forward to this year.

On the subject of other teams: as they report to training camp the DeShaun Watson and Aaron Rodgers situations are going to become very weird. Theirs are two stories with unresolved cliffhangers.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
On the subject of other teams: as they report to training camp the DeShaun Watson and Aaron Rodgers situations are going to become very weird. Theirs are two stories with unresolved cliffhangers.

And for VERY different reasons. Can't believe that Watson has not been put on the Commissioner's Exempt List.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And now the Texans are willing to trade Watson.....

Sorry, that ship has sailed. He is damaged goods.

The one thing I don't understand is how the Texans didn't know. NFL teams spend millions of dollars on security and investigators to know everything about every player. How he could have done this and they not know is mind boggling. Had it been just an isolated incidence, then maybe. But when 22/23 women come forward, how did they not know?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’ll tell you this: it’s gonna be a team desperate for a good quarterback, desperate enough to risk the disapproval he might get from some teammates; and it’s gonna be a one-year deal, because next year he might be in the slam.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And now the Texans are willing to trade Watson.....

Sorry, that ship has sailed. He is damaged goods.

The one thing I don't understand is how the Texans didn't know. NFL teams spend millions of dollars on security and investigators to know everything about every player. How he could have done this and they not know is mind boggling. Had it been just an isolated incidence, then maybe. But when 22/23 women come forward, how did they not know?
The NFL has turned a blind eye to this stuff for many, many years...

Hell, the Senate turned a blind eye to sexual misconduct for TWO sitting SCOTUS justices.

It’s not just the NFL - it’s our society.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Good lord, talk about lousy timing. The season’s about to start, and the Colts lose their quarterback.

I’m curious about that range. Five to twelve weeks seems a kind of broad estimate for recovery time.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Five to twelve weeks seems a kind of broad estimate for recovery time.

Was talking about that at lunch. Speculation was the recovery time will all depend on how well Sam Ehlinger is playing. LOL.

Or perhaps they can talk Rivers out of retirement. Wentz is made of glass.

I do already know what one of my Christmas presents is going to be. My wife's family is from Indy, so they are all big Colt's fans. The wife and I plan to retire to AZ, much to the chagrin of her mother. And it just so happens the Cardinals play the Colts on Christmas Night. So my wife is getting me some piece of Cardinals apparel to wear for the game. Her mom will not be pleased. :D

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Meanwhile in New Orleans….

The Saints will be playing to capacity crowds in the dome. However, all attendees must either have proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within 72 hours of kickoff. No refunds for anyone who won’t play by their rules.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
LOL, I thought about the above post when I saw this article:

But when you read it, it turns out it’s only two (out of 32) teams. From the headline I kind of expected more.
It should be all 32 teams. We need to make it miserable for those who refuse the vaccination. Restaurants, movies, plays, flights, bars, anywhere that people enjoy going… should be accessible only to those with vaccines. We need to get as many people vaccinated as quickly as possible.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It may be easier after the vaccines get full FDA approval, hopefully on Monday, to require people be vaccinated. 🤞🏻

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It may be easier after the vaccines get full FDA approval, hopefully on Monday, to require people be vaccinated. 🤞🏻
It will move up the timetable for the military. They said it will be mandatory by Sep 15 or when it gets full FDA approval, whichever comes first.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Maybe it’ll make it easier to require it. But it won’t convince any anti-vax skeptics. For them, this isn’t about FDA approval. That’s an excuse. This is simply about being contrarian, like a stubborn three year old.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it’ll make it easier to require it. But it won’t convince any anti-vax skeptics. For them, this isn’t about FDA approval. That’s an excuse. This is simply about being contrarian, like a stubborn three year old.
At this point I don’t care if it convinces them or not. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Their loss.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
@SuperMatt

Trubisky didn't look half bad last against the Bears. He's no Josh Allen, but probably will be better with a coach that actually wanted him.

Top Bottom
1 2