2021 NFL Season

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
@SuperMatt

Trubisky didn't look half bad last against the Bears. He's no Josh Allen, but probably will be better with a coach that actually wanted him.
It’s nice to have a competent backup on the team… Who knows, maybe he can be traded to fill a weak spot elsewhere in the roster if other teams are impressed by his resurgence!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Should be a good game tonight (well as good as pre-season games can be).

The Saints are trying to figure out which QB will start the season while the Jaguars are doing something similar, but the end game is already known.

As for the Saints, I know Hill is fun to watch, but I am not sure he is a full-time starting WB. I would give the nod to Winston based mainly on experience and that he is more a prototypical NFL QB. Hill is great as a backup because if he has to come in, or comes in for scripted plays, the defense has to adapt to a completely different style.

We all know Lawrence is going to be the starter. The only question is when. I think he needs at least a few games carrying a clipboard just to get a good feel for the NFL game.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
Not sure if you all know who my favorite team is...but just in case, it's the best team. :)

Pre Season is looking good....can't wait for regular season! Supermatt, your team will be the first casualty. :)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not sure if you all know who my favorite team is...but just in case, it's the best team. :)

Pre Season is looking good....can't wait for regular season! Supermatt, your team will be the first casualty. :)
My in-laws are Steelers fans, so we were kind of hoping for a playoff game between the two last year, but the Steelers didn’t make it far enough.

The Steelers need to focus on finding their new franchise QB because Big Ben has become a “game manager” at this point in his career… that‘s what my in-laws think.

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
My in-laws are Steelers fans, so we were kind of hoping for a playoff game between the two last year, but the Steelers didn’t make it far enough.

I think the Steelers need to focus on finding their new franchise QB because Big Ben has become a “game manager” at this point in his career… that‘s what my in-laws think.
Our receivers and tight ends all developed hands of stone on the 12th game, unfortunately. It was SOOOOO painful to watch them. It was like they were Undercover Browns.

Finding a good QB can be difficult, we went through a drought for many many years, just like Cleveland did. I think Ben will do well this year. But yeah, hopefully Mason will improve, but I really hope Haskins gets his act together and shows he is capable. He has done pretty good in pre season so far.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Our receivers and tight ends all developed hands of stone on the 12th game, unfortunately. It was SOOOOO painful to watch them. It was like they were Undercover Browns.

Finding a good QB can be difficult, we went through a drought for many many years, just like Cleveland did. I think Ben will do well this year. But yeah, hopefully Mason will improve, but I really hope Haskins gets his act together and shows he is capable. He has done pretty good in pre season so far.
The Bills had about a 20-year drought on a good QB… glad we have Josh Allen now!

JohnR

Tesla & Steeler fan
Reaction score
The Bills had about a 20-year drought on a good QB… glad we have Josh Allen now!
Good luck...except for Sunday, Sept. 12th at 1pm!

Looks like you all picked up our throwaway: The Buffalo Bills added extra insurance to their roster of running backs on Monday, signing Kerrith Whyte, who’s 5-foot-10 and 204 pounds.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Good luck...except for Sunday, Sept. 12th at 1pm!

Looks like you all picked up our throwaway: The Buffalo Bills added extra insurance to their roster of running backs on Monday, signing Kerrith Whyte, who’s 5-foot-10 and 204 pounds.
I will watch for him on the final preseason game. Maybe they want to shore up their practice squad?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Should be a good game tonight (well as good as pre-season games can be).

The Saints are trying to figure out which QB will start the season while the Jaguars are doing something similar, but the end game is already known.

As for the Saints, I know Hill is fun to watch, but I am not sure he is a full-time starting WB. I would give the nod to Winston based mainly on experience and that he is more a prototypical NFL QB. Hill is great as a backup because if he has to come in, or comes in for scripted plays, the defense has to adapt to a completely different style.

We all know Lawrence is going to be the starter. The only question is when. I think he needs at least a few games carrying a clipboard just to get a good feel for the NFL game.
Agree with everything. I was amused (although my daughter assured me it was not funny) that both teams were still trying to figure out who their number one QB would be. I almost preferred Minchew for the Jags. Hill did great working on special teams the last few years and he needs to stay there. He’s not meant to be a QB. I really believe most of this “competition” is for the hype.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Marquez Callaway for the Saints looks fantastic in the Monday Night game… he was an undrafted rookie in 2020!

He did. Although his 2nd TD catch was a bit iffy when he landed and coming up off the ground he sort of bobbled it. Still a great 1 hand grab with a good DB all over him.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Harbaugh tried to defend playing Dobbins:

I think if I were a coach, I would only play my starters against the other teams starters. I would not want my starters out there going against some guy who is trying to make the team by impressing the coach with a big hit.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah. In the same news feed I saw two articles. One is about Mac Jones being named the starter. A few headlines down, probably posted only an hour or two earlier, Belicheck is expressing his satisfaction with Cam Newton's progress.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
In other cut day surprises, Josh Rosen made the Falcon's 53. He got in town about 5 minutes ago, so either he has gotten a lot better or they have absolutely no one, not even the janitor, to back up Ryan.

While I know the Cowboys are sniffing around Cam, I think he should end up with either the Texans as I don't think Watson is playing this year or Baltimore where his style is similar to Lamar Jackson's. So far Lamar has manage to stay fairly healthy given the way he plays, but it only takes one solid hit.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, the Cleveland-KC game sucked. Coaching-wise, the Browns did everything right: staked an early lead, controlled the tempo of the game, made some terrific plays...

...until they literally handed the game to the Chiefs. I know it sounds like sour grapes, but you can't go up against a team like that and turn over the ball to them twice deep in your own end, get a player ejected, and then on the final last gasp drive throw an interception.

My condolences to @SuperMatt and other Bills fans, too.

Top Bottom
1 2