2021 NFL Season

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, the Cleveland-KC game sucked. Coaching-wise, the Browns did everything right: staked an early lead, controlled the tempo of the game, made some terrific plays...

...until they literally handed the game to the Chiefs. I know it sounds like sour grapes, but you can't go up against a team like that and turn over the ball to them twice deep in your own end, get a player ejected, and then on the final last gasp drive throw an interception.

My condolences to @SuperMatt and other Bills fans, too.
All 4 teams mentioned here were in the playoffs last season. Early season games usually favor defenses since offenses take a few weeks to get into a good rhythm. That worked out poorly for the Bills, as Pittsburgh had the superior defense. It should have worked out well for the Browns, but the turnovers wasted that effort. The difference in the Bills game was a blocked punt TD…

It’s early, and this game was a tough one for all 4 teams. I’d expect the Browns and Bills to bounce back quickly.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, it could have been worse.

At FedEx Field, where the Washington Football Team plays, a pipe burst and…

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1437115299271221252/

Turned out it was not sewage, just rain water. I’m told Washington played like garbage, though.

At least WFT management comped the unfortunate fans well for their trouble.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Now trending the Cam Newton jokes on Twitter have me rolling.

Everyone's a better coach then Belichick when he loses, and a Riviera reunion in Washington?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Now trending the Cam Newton jokes on Twitter have me rolling.

Everyone's a better coach then Belichick when he loses, and a Riviera reunion in Washington?

Teams head-coached by Belichick without Tom Brady as QB: 8 seasons, 1 trip to the playoffs, 1 playoff game won.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I don't watch football since I root for both of the NYC Teams, the Giants and the Jets. So all NY Teams lost today: Giants, Jets and Buffalo in the NFL. And the Yankees in MLB. The Mets lost since they showed their entire ass today when they're more than likely missing the playoffs again.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
All 4 teams mentioned here were in the playoffs last season. Early season games usually favor defenses since offenses take a few weeks to get into a good rhythm. That worked out poorly for the Bills, as Pittsburgh had the superior defense. It should have worked out well for the Browns, but the turnovers wasted that effort. The difference in the Bills game was a blocked punt TD…

It’s early, and this game was a tough one for all 4 teams. I’d expect the Browns and Bills to bounce back quickly.

In the Cleveland-KC game, Cleveland probably wins that game against 28-29 of the other teams. Mahommes and Brady just have some "X" factor that allow them to stage comebacks for wins. You can't leave time on the clock for either of them or it won't turn out well for you.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Monday Night Football is a great game tonight. The Ravens and Raiders are just about to start overtime.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And OT was crazy… A very entertaining game goes the Raiders’ way.

I kept wanting to go to bed, but couldn't make myself turn the TV off.

I did take me a couple of rewinds to see exactly how that interception ended up over where it did. Right off the faskmask and up in the air.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
That Raider-Raven game was insane. I didn't watch but read the recap with a couple clips. My cousin must be thrilled as a long-time Raiders fan that is planning to visit for a home game later this season.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Not impressed with this week's CBS broadcast of Browns-Texans.

First, Tyrod Taylor scores a touchdown, and the announcers said--twice--that they were waiting for an official to call it a touchdown...this despite the fact that there was a goal line judge standing right there who threw his hands up in the air.

Then in the middle of play they cut to a satellite feed of color bars. Then they came back to the wrong game (Raiders vs. Steelers).

I should mention parenthetically that last week on the 4:25 game I saw something I hadn't before. Several times they had one camera following the quarterbacks into the huddle using an extremely narrow depth of field, so that the rest of the players and the stadium behind them looked out of focus. It was very artsy-craftsy, totally unnecessary, but interesting to watch.

Now if Cleveland can just start impressing me with their vaunted improved defense.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not impressed with this week's CBS broadcast of Browns-Texans.

First, Tyrod Taylor scores a touchdown, and the announcers said--twice--that they were waiting for an official to call it a touchdown...this despite the fact that there was a goal line judge standing right there who threw his hands up in the air.

Then in the middle of play they cut to a satellite feed of color bars. Then they came back to the wrong game (Raiders vs. Steelers).

I should mention parenthetically that last week on the 4:25 game I saw something I hadn't before. Several times they had one camera following the quarterbacks into the huddle using an extremely narrow depth of field, so that the rest of the players and the stadium behind them looked out of focus. It was very artsy-craftsy, totally unnecessary, but interesting to watch.

Now if Cleveland can just start impressing me with their vaunted improved defense.
The Bills have played much better today than they did last week. The offense still doesn’t look as sharp as they did last season, but they’re up 21-0. The defense seems to be much improved compared to last season.

As for the analysis, Matt Millen has made some terrible observations when it comes to anything other than offensive line play.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
As I recall, Matt Millen made some terrible observations when he was trying to run the Detroit Lions. 😄

Meanwhile, Tyrod Taylor is hurt, and I think they're trying not to bring in Deshaun Watson. That leaves them with Davis Mills and Jeff Driskel to quarterback, and they'd have to promote Driskel off the practice squad. A lot of Texans players went down during the game. Not all will be serious injuries, of course, but two weeks in and things just keep going from bad to worse.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He just needed a coach that could adapt the offense to him. He got one and they should be really good this year.
Back to the same old Winston today. One game he will look like a hall-of-famer, the next he looks like a 3rd-stringer.

Top Bottom
1 2