2021 Olympics

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Men do not have this requirement, why do women? Talk about a dated double standard. Props to Pink here, not only for helping them out but highlighting the actual "requirement".

I mentioned the team being penalized elsewhere, but they weren't the first to make the decision to change up their outfits.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419704820487839746/
I like them, they look like real life bad ass hero outfits.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419704825051336705/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
See I disagree. I would rather see amateurs playing their hearts out for their country than a bunch of multi-millionaires playing to increase their brand. Would the competition be as good, no, but the emotion would be real.

Also see no need for soccer, golf or tennis. Basically any sport where there is something the athletes would rather have over a gold medal, shouldn't be in the Olympics. For soccer its the World Cup, for Golf it is majors, for Tennis, Grand Slams. Baseball & Hockey should also go back to amateurs.
It might be more entertaining to watch amateurs perform. But it’s a completely shit deal for the athletes.

As for the 2nd paragraph: no need for those sports at the olympics at all.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The pressure got to her, it's a shame but she has to do what's best for her.

She does, but she is still the G.O.A.T.

Moving to swimming, did anyone see the Women's 100M Breaststroke last night? I was watching King battle Shoenmaker figuring it would come down to them. Then King has a horrible turn basically taking her out of it and then out of nowhere comes 17 year old Lydia Jacoby to take the Gold.

I don't know if I can make people understand just how phenomenal her swim was. She didn't set any records, but she is from Alaska and trains in a 25Y pool, not a 50M pool. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but as someone who has swam, officiated or coached swimming for close to 50 years, this is a feat. There is simply no good way to train for LC events in a SC pool. Imagine trying to train for 100M dash in a gym where you have to stop and turn around. Really was a great swim and the video of the watch party at her HS was really cool.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's complex and very political issue though.
1. Olympics and sports organizations have a PR/primary preventative role to promote healthy lifestyle and drug prevention (ironic...)
2. Cannabinoids are still mostly scheduled as illegal drugs around the world.
3. Cannabinoids (esp CBD) have some properties that can be considered performance enhancing.*
4. It's gonna remain illegal in many countries, meaning that countries where it is legal would have an unfair advantage.

*I've heard some historians claim the Zulus used CBD when they beat the Brits. And I've read some articles about NBA players talking about regular cannabis use to help deal with the chronic muscle and joint pain.
I view alcohol as more dangerous than weed. It seems unfair that because thc (or whatever) triggers a positive drug test stays in your system longer than alcohol does, it is unfair and you will be penalized for grass until they can come up with a better method to determine how long ago prior to an athletic event you imbibed.

U

User.45

This is exactly what I was talking about. A delayed Olympics meant that these athletes had to push an extra year being on top of their game. It's absolutely brutal and them prioritizing their mental health is absolutely fine. Just like with Naomi Osaka, whom I like a lot. Not having to be on proton pump inhibitors to prevent getting an ulcer from BS like press conferences isn't insanity. They are definitely way overpaid but in exchange they are considered machines, even property. Not a great deal if you ask me.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The thing is, she has proven herself, over and over, and if she is in constant pain, I can understand the decision. And fortunately she has her track record to ease any guilty conscious she may have about letting the team down. You can only do what you do if your head is in the game.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mentioned the team being penalized elsewhere, but they weren't the first to make the decision to change up their outfits.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419704820487839746/
I like them, they look like real life bad ass hero outfits.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419704825051336705/
I wonder if the full leg exposure in a gymnastics outfit similar to a swimsuit was meant to sexualized the women or was it for practicality, freedom of movement or to even be cooler? I acknowledge that men wear full length pants in gym exercises, and have no issue with women doing the same if that is their preference.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The pressure got to her, it's a shame but she has to do what's best for her.
I feel bad for her. She’s still very young and susceptible to that kind of pressure. Its not until we get older that many of us learn to overcome that and say to ourselves, “You know what? Fuck it. Whatever happens, happens.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
As she was waiting for her turn on the vault NBC kept playing all of her previous errors in slow motion and highlighting them, if that was also being shown on their monitors I would think it would've be really hard for her to watch. The whole thing is really too bad but I applaud her for making the decision she did and her honesty around it, she had enough and just backed away, no shame in that so good for her.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As she was waiting for her turn on the vault NBC kept playing all of her previous errors in slow motion and highlighting them, if that was also being shown on their monitors I would think it would've be really hard for her to watch. The whole thing is really too bad but I applaud her for making the decision she did and her honesty around it, she had enough and just backed away, no shame in that so good for her.

I still think there is more. Or at least a more in depth reason for it. I can't imagine showing up at a competition and then being told that you are not going to be getting credit for the difficulty of your routine. That would be hard to accept for sure.

When my daughter was young, she tried several sports just to see what would stick and I'm glad she went with swimming. The clock doesn't care who you are, what color you are, what team you are on. It just runs at the same pace until you touch the wall.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
How dare this guy! 😡

Texas Deputy Attorney General Aaron Reitz sparked outrage on social media Tuesday after tweeting that Simone Biles was a "national embarrassment" after she announced her withdrawal from the Tokyo Olympics....
Reitz retweeted a video of 1996 gold medalist Kerri Strug, who won team USA gold with an ankle injury. On Tuesday, Reitz tweeted, "Contrast this with our selfish, childish national embarrassment, Simone Biles."
"You seriously need to apologize publicly to her," one user wrote. "Her health comes before competing. You clearly are heartless, but I guess I am not surprised by this."

One Twitter user referenced the deep freeze in the state of Texas in February, in which reports state at least 150 people died. "I'm pretty sure you meant to say ERCOT instead of Simone Biles. If you could harness her energy and integrity maybe people wouldn't have died in this state."

Ritz is scum. Maybe he should quit to examine his own mental health.

(Nah. It's not mental. He's just an asshole.)

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I love all the racists who wasted absolutely not one minute to be able to show their disgust at a young black female who - GASP - made the life-changing (our lives, not hers) to step away from Olympic competition.

Give me a damn break. It’s so apparent it has nothing to do with sports or patriotism and everything to do with having a chance to lay the beat down on a respected, talented young woman of color.

Eat shit, assholes. If they were smart, they’d see themselves in her and get help for them own mental turbulence, which in their case is a brain-eating disease known as racism.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I love all the racists who wasted absolutely not one minute to be able to show their disgust at a young black female who - GASP - made the life-changing (our lives, not hers) to step away from Olympic competition.

Give me a damn break. It’s so apparent it has nothing to do with sports or patriotism and everything to do with having a chance to lay the beat down on a respected, talented young woman of color.

Eat shit, assholes. If they were smart, they’d see themselves in her and get help for them own mental turbulence, which in their case is a brain-eating disease known as racism.
Refuses to wear a mask... demands that Simone sacrifice for her country. They can all suck it.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

All I see on social media are mediocre white men acting like they know what's best for Simone Biles. These racist tools never waste a chance to attack a black athlete.

These same idiots were cheering against the "woke" US Women's soccer team when they lost to Sweden. Now they want to act like Patriotic Americans and attack Simone for not representing their country by "quitting" These people are straight trash.

Top Bottom
1 2