2023 College Football Thread

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a week late getting this started.

But the big story this season is Deion Sanders at Colorado. The team won 1 game last year.

Love him or hate him (for the record, I love him), he has upended college football.

When he was a Jackson State, the knock was on his coaching abilities with critics insinuating he simply had better athletes in the lower division. He did.

But he doesn't now and he is still winning. He can coach. He can motivate.

And opposing coaches haven't learned to keep their mouth's shut. Last week Matt Rhule (Nebraska) through shade about Deion's use of the Transfer Portal to build his team. Deion's response was a 36-14 whipping.

Now this week, CSU coach Jay Norvell said of Deion: "When I talk to grown-ups, I take my hat and my glasses off. That's what my mother taught me.'" Deion and his son are going to hang 50 on them.

I hope he goes undefeated and makes the playoffs. :)

I predict Georgia will win it all again. Second guess - Michigan.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a week late getting this started.

But the big story this season is Deion Sanders at Colorado. The team won 1 game last year.

Love him or hate him (for the record, I love him), he has upended college football.

When he was a Jackson State, the knock was on his coaching abilities with critics insinuating he simply had better athletes in the lower division. He did.

But he doesn't now and he is still winning. He can coach. He can motivate.

And opposing coaches haven't learned to keep their mouth's shut. Last week Matt Rhule (Nebraska) through shade about Deion's use of the Transfer Portal to build his team. Deion's response was a 36-14 whipping.

Now this week, CSU coach Jay Norvell said of Deion: "When I talk to grown-ups, I take my hat and my glasses off. That's what my mother taught me.'" Deion and his son are going to hang 50 on them.

I hope he goes undefeated and makes the playoffs. :)

I predict Georgia will win it all again. Second guess - Michigan.
Now that's something you and I can agree on. I don't expect the Buffaloes to run the table, but it'd sure be nice!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Now that's something you and I can agree on. I don't expect the Buffaloes to run the table, but it'd sure be nice!
We should know more on 9/30. That is when they play #5 USC. Those two offenses could hang 60+ on each other and the last one with the ball wins. :)

That will be appointment TV for sure.

Top Bottom
1 2