80-year-old man tells others they are too old

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've heard several say too many of the Democrat leadership are operating like it's the 90's. That's their comfort zone, but that certainly isn't where we are at.

I just realized that is also when Bill Clinton was in office and probably why they pushed Hillary so hard. They wanted to relive their glory days like running the country is little more than an extended high school reunion.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I saw that Gergen interview a few days ago. He's spot on. Though I think Biden is doing a good job considering the dynamics of the country today, I would love for him to step down and endorse someone like Pete Buttigieg for 2024. Biden would make a great senior advisor with many decades of wisdom and experience.
He's one of the few Republicans who's always had my respect, he's served and advised many presidents from both parties going back to Nixon. He's always been cool, rational and knowledgeable when he gives his opinion on something. Granted I don't know about this specific incident but it's rare that I ever disagree with the guy.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I just think it’s funny that this octogenarian thinks we should ignore the others of his age because they are too old, but we should listen to him instead…

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I went back to the Gergen interview that I watched Sunday morning. In my opinion it's far more nuanced than the Washington Insider short synopsis that focused on a narrow sliver of what the interview was about. It's not about age so much as it's about being where we are now as a country, and that it's now time for a new generation with fresh ideas to take the reins of leadership going forward.

I still believe Buttigieg being a Harvard graduate, a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, an officer in the military specializing in intelligence, deployed in Afghanistan, and speaking seven languages, is an example of the new generation. In the past I've come away from many Buttigieg interviews super impressed with his thoughtfulness, nuance, and depth on a wide variety of subjects.

Here's the full Gergen interview:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
  • Scott Walker
  • Perjury Traitor Greene
  • Kevin McCarthy
  • Raphael "Ted" Cruz
  • Sarah Palin
  • Devil Nunes (and his cow)

These are just a few exemplary people who are younger than me. Not a one of them could do half as good a job as Joe the President. The country might not go straight down the drain with their like in control, but it would go down the drain, and might not be recoverable.

I mean, I do think the old guard need to go, but the younger generation is well stocked with scum and dregs. Barak Obama is younger than me, and while I thought he was ok as President, I was kind of hoping for a good bit less of the reaganism.

Top Bottom
1 2