A 9-year-old black girl spraying lantern flies nearby? Better call in SWAT

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The neighbor knew her and called it in as a little black woman?
A nine-year-old Black girl was outside testing a TikTok recipe for a spray to kill spotted lanternflies, an invasive species, in her New Jersey neighborhood when her neighbor, a white man, Gordon Lawshe, called the police.

“There’s a little Black woman, walking, spraying stuff on the sidewalks and trees on Elizabeth and Florence,” Gordon Lawshe told police on the morning of Oct. 22 in a 911 call obtained by The Daily Beast. “I don’t know what the hell she’s doing, scares me though.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Would just like to respond to this part of the story.

The Huffington Post reports that Greg Mascera, Lawshe’s attorney, claims his client wasn’t racially profiling the nine-year-old when he called 911.

The lawyer also reportedly said, “the mother’s assertion that [her daughter is now] afraid of cops is absurd.”

It is not absurd, if this young girl's first encounter with cops is after they're called on her and they're questioning her, it does not sow trust and in fact instills fear. This is the exact reason you hear about black people "having the talk" with their children when they're young. What a shame that has to take place during this century but here we are.

Out of the gate this child, who was only doing something wholesome and innocent, has had a bad experience with cops and racist neighbors and she's only 9 years old. This should outrage all of us.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Would just like to respond to this part of the story.

It is not absurd, if this young girl's first encounter with cops is after they're called on her and they're questioning her, it does not sow trust and in fact instills fear. This is the exact reason you hear about black people "having the talk" with their children when they're young. What a shame that has to take place during this century but here we are.

Out of the gate this child, who was only doing something wholesome and innocent, has had a bad experience with cops and racist neighbors and she's only 9 years old. This should outrage all of us.
I watched the bodycam video, and I want to give serious props to the police. They figured out immediately what was going on when they arrived, and fully supported the child and her family. They were annoyed that the next door neighbor would do this to somebody. The guy who called the cops had to know who the kid was.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I watched the bodycam video, and I want to give serious props to the police. They figured out immediately what was going on when they arrived, and fully supported the child and her family. They were annoyed that the next door neighbor would do this to somebody. The guy who called the cops had to know who the kid was.
At least there's that. Still, this girl's first experience with them is the result of a racist neighbor.

Top Bottom
1 2