A Big F@@k you to 2020

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Absolutely sums up my feelings of 2020, is a nice little package. Until this video, the John Oliver season finale was the only one that summed it up. Clearly it is now second place, and if you want to review that one you can skip to 6:15 in that video.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Heh. You’re about a month late.

I do love that PSA though.

Double down on that for a lot of people including me. Two former colleagues and friends of mine passed away from Covid this year, one last summer and one right before Christmas.

It's not all that remarkable for people in their mid-70s and older just to die of something --anything, really-- after "having had a good run." Still it's infuriating that too many Americans who had made a point of trying to remain in excellent health as they age have croaked even a day too early from complications of a pandemic virus that got a very generous leg up from a self-centered TV show host.

Sure Trump didn't invent the coronavirus. He just stomped on a lot of the ways that the USA was foundationally prepared to respond far better and more quickly than it has done. And so... too many people mourn during this holiday season over empty chairs and some of the lost lights of our own lives.

In the meantime I'm filling my house with music over the holidays -- in honor of my friends who although software engineers were also both classically trained musicians and fans of rock as well.

Hoping at least some of 2021 will be an improvement over 2020. Pretty low bar I'm setting there, obviously. Anyway here's to moving on from a year where the bad sometimes sure did seem to outweigh the good. Part of that may have been media focus, but gee a lot of it was bedrock fact.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Speaking of ...

Daniel Dumile, aka MF DOOM died, according to his wife, it was actually back in October (the message was posted on IG and dated, Oct 31st).

2020 deserves the Gas Face ...

U

User.45

Speaking of ...

Daniel Dumile, aka MF DOOM died, according to his wife, it was actually back in October (the message was posted on IG and dated, Oct 31st).

2020 deserves the Gas Face ...
At least it couldn't have been COVID, because he always wore a mask...Rest in peace.

Takes me back to high school.

U

User.45

OK, don't get started like this 2021 ...

Argh. He had a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Most common cause: aneurysm RUPTURE. Aneurysm is the dilated outpouching of a vessel, not the event. The event is the rupture. But since they "don't know the cause" it's "just" a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Let's hope for the best.

Top Bottom
1 2