• Please Go Here to get the facts on the safety of the COVID 19 vaccination.

A couple of changes

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Did you know house cats share 95.6% of their genetic makeup with tigers? 🐅
I just have to embrace the fact that I AM this guy. https://www.businessinsider.com/comparing-genetic-similarity-between-humans-and-other-things-2016-5

99.9% to other humans
96% chimpanzee (i know, 99% for the bonobos) https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/06/bonobos-join-chimps-closest-human-relatives
90% human and cat
85% human and mouse
61% human and fruit fly
60% human and banana

Now, I am hungry for a banana. 60% my brother.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I put this back, mainly because when you went into the parent section and chose "Mark read" it did it to all the other forums as well.

OP
Eric

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
After trying this out for a while I'm going to break things back out again. So the Politics and Social Justice section will be put back on that top, bumping down the Open Discussion section and breaking out all of the subforums.

tobefirst

talking plastic toy
Site Donor
Reaction score
I guess I missed the change where the open MR discussion was deleted? When did that happen?

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I guess I missed the change where the open MR discussion was deleted? When did that happen?

As @Eric has said, this has been moved to Arkham and renamed to Archive.

However, you can still post there, and create threads there, and have discussions there, as I daresay some matters on MR will still remain of interest (just, not an all consuming interest) to many, if not most, of us.

Yes, many of us are refugees, or exiles, of one sort or another from MR, but there is more to life - and this forum - than our (sometimes strained) relationships with MR, and it is time to move on and focus a bit more on other stuff, topics and things, such as "Life, The Universe, And Everything".

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Conversational Warthog
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Not deleted, just renamed to archive and it lives under Arkham now. I see no reason to keep bashing them, they've closed PRSI and have moved on, so should we.
Time to retire the “Hide Open MacRumors Discussion Forum” from preferences too? Or make it hide Archive? :mrgreen:

Top Bottom