A MAGA political party? Oh, say it’s so!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
That would split the Republican Party, allowing them to reload with more traditional candidates. (That’s assuming all the traitors and other extremists follow Trump to Magapartyville.) And of course that would help the Democrats.

Or am I missing some downside here?

In recent weeks, Trump has entertained the idea of creating a third party, called the Patriot Party, and instructed his aides to prepare election challenges to lawmakers who crossed him in the final weeks in office, including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Rep. Tom Rice (R-S.C.), according to people familiar with the plans.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
the worlds stupidest political party?

Still a problem if led by a more attentive and politically savvy Pied PIper than Trump was ever going to be. Lots of foot soldiers in a thuggish army are stupid. But it's their undying loyalty that's prized. In fact who wants a foot soldier wondering how to get in on the grift. What's wanted is someone who thinks the Dear Leader is untainted.

lizkat

Reaction score
but I doubt trump Wii;d ever let anyone else be the top moron. his ego is way too large for that.

Sure but The Don is getting almost as old as his arteries were five years ago, so... the wannabe successors are already lining up, including Cruz and Hawley: no matter how pushy and pathetic they may seem to most of us at the moment, they do have their followings. Heh, they'd have trouble rounding up other pols' support though. They were loathed by peers in the Senate even before their insurrection-related antics.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sure but The Don is getting almost as old as his arteries were five years ago, so... the wannabe successors are already lining up, including Cruz and Hawley: no matter how pushy and pathetic they may seem to most of us at the moment, they do have their followings. Heh, they'd have trouble rounding up other pols' support though. They were loathed by peers in the Senate even before their insurrection-related antics.
I don't think those bumblers has what it takes to rally the idiots. Something about trump just sucks them in. maybe the Power of the Cheeto lie.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
I don't think those bumblers has what it takes to rally the idiots. Something about trump just sucks them in. maybe the Power of the Cheeto lie.

You're possibly quite right, Trumps tells little fibs and Huge Lies with the effect of "... yeah it's BS all the way down and I don't GAF who knows it" with a casual swagger which his fans seem to find appealing. It's something they can't do with impunity themselves; maybe they've tried it down the end of the bar and got punched out for it, or they lied about something on the job and got fired.

But Trump can (or, could) do lies like that all the time with apparent impunity, and for them to watch it happen over and over has possibly lent them the feeling of watching Someone walk on water or part the Red Sea...

And yeah, Cruz and Hawley are outclassed there. Their own constituents are calling them to account for their lies at this point.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The math would be interesting.

Only 25% of voters are Republican, and 6 in 10 of those want to stick with Trump. That’s only 15% of voters.

Fine. That would put genuine Republicans at a disadvantage of course. As two separate parties, neither the GOP nor the red hats would be likely to win enough votes to gain the White House. Giving conservatives two different choices in presidential elections would split the conservative vote, which wouldn't be much help to the Mitt Romney wing of the party, but would almost certainly keep the presidency out of the reach of the Trumpers.

On the legislative side, both the red hats and the GOP would continue to win seats. There would be plenty of areas where Trump extremists could get elected...but then there are now, so what's the difference?

This would hurt the GOP a lot in the short term, but I can see a newly rejuvenated, more moderate Republican party trying to grow itself once again into what it was prior to the tea party debacle. And if they truly are more moderate, they may actually work with Democrats to get things done, rather than simply act as obstructionists. It would be to their advantage to show that they are helping Americans while the Trumpers are doing little more than whining about all the injustices the poor babies have to endure. And before you know it, they'd be back in the presidential race again.

I know the above doesn't give any thought to independent voters, but they tend to split fairly down the middle, so I don't see that dynamic changing things much.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The red hats and the GOP would wind up caucusing together, much as Independents currently do with Dems.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Democrats respond

maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2