A message to conservative parents

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Worth the watch.

This video is amazing in that it is encapsulates everything that has gone wrong with conservatives and conservatism in this country. They have lost their minds, lost their standards, there is a corruption of the soul and hypocritical cancer that is spreading rapidly.

There is no other way a POS called Donald Trump could have been elected as POTUS. It could be a death knell for our futures.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the term “conservative” doesn’t apply to the Trump followers at all. They are quite radical in their beliefs.
Yet people who had the merits of Christianity drilled into them as kids, of what it means to be a good Christian and human beings, that has been thrown in the trash. Maybe it was Donald Trump’s poison kiss that turned them? In any case the hypocrisy spot light is shining brightly on a substantial portion of the group who call themselves “Christians”. Are there any prominent Christians groups that tout their liberal views and flat out reject Donald Trump? I’ve not heard of any, but not saying they don’t exist.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
As a conservative who is at serious odds with family over COVID and former President Trump behavior - this video definitely hit home. Not just my father but several members of my family. Has definitely divided us. And yes, some of my family reposts that constant raging social media crap. It’s amazing how much it has divided.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I just made this quote 5 seconds ago on Facebook. Think it sums up my feelings on modern politics quite well.

The comments in question are concerning a woman being arrested for selling fake vaccine cards, and the terrible unconstitutional tyranny this threat represents to the integrity of these United States. The names have been blanked out to protect the stupid.

Quote.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I just made this quote 5 seconds ago on Facebook. Think it sums up my feelings on modern politics quite well.

The comments in question are concerning a woman being arrested for selling fake vaccine cards, and the terrible unconstitutional tyranny this threat represents to the integrity of these United States. The names have been blanked out to protect the stupid.

View attachment 10179
Incredible: This guy has an American flag avatar, but openly opposes the Constitution in favor of using violence to get what he wants.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Incredible: This guy has an American flag avatar, but openly opposes the Constitution in favor of using violence to get what he wants.

She (not a he, surprisingly) quoted the Declaration of Independence as justification for "further measures." I reminded her that the Declaration isn't a legal document, and that she can't justify openly illegal actions due to fighting "tyranny," especially when the measures being proposed are roughly constitutional given the circumstances, don't overly burden people, and half the population is evenly split on the issue.

...then it went into a tangent about how drinking beer before noon is okay, so long as its the weekend before returning to the original topic.

These people aren't conservative. They're just looking for an excuse, any excuse, to live out their stupid revolutionary fantasies.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is conservatives have been fed "you work hard and pay your taxes" for probably at last a half century as some kind of affirmation that, that makes them exceptional or a hero. It's neither, but it certainly stopped from fighting for what is better for more people and therefor the country. Just focus on working hard and paying your taxes. What's your reward for that? Jack shit. This may come as a shock to some, but many liberals work hard and pay their taxes. They just don't believe that by doing that alone is going to make the world a better place and they get to live like royalty.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Let's be honest, for quite a few of those folks, calling themselves 'conservative' is a shield to hide behind. There are plenty of conservatives who don't think their place in life is to be an American asshole & punish the less fortunate. There are conservatives who have a pretty clear idea of what they think will continue the country's path to success, that doesn't involve crazy pants patriotism metrics, or a program of divide the less fortunate & pit them against one another as a viable strat. These are the true 'neo / fake ass cons' who want others to give themselves the look of some kind of rationality. Anyone who actively embraces 'MAGA' as a slogan, but can't give you the timeframe when America was greater then now is full of shit.

It's about remembering a time when it was "safer" to be a White guy who could tell that 'colored fella' a joke & THEY had the sense of humor to laugh at it even if it wasn't that funny, when you could slap a woman on the ass & they would smile playfully back, or it was okay if your high school buddy got you that better job over a more worthwhile candidate of color.

There's nothing conservative involved. It's wistfully dreaming of a time that their corporate & political overlords long since shit away for short term profits, but complain that their White underlings need to work harder or that PoC will get gov't help to get what their grandparent had instead of them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is conservatives have been fed "you work hard and pay your taxes" for probably at last a half century as some kind of affirmation that, that makes them exceptional or a hero. It's neither, but it certainly stopped from fighting for what is better for more people and therefor the country. Just focus on working hard and paying your taxes. What's your reward for that? Jack shit. This may come as a shock to some, but many liberals work hard and pay their taxes. They just don't believe that by doing that alone is going to make the world a better place and they get to live like royalty.
There is a false standard, get a job and live large, pushed by conservatives, ignoring the reality that we all don’t start in stable secure comfortable middle class families. And if you look at the numbers, if everyone decided to go to college, there would not be enough of those jobs to support all of the college degrees so the idea that “getting a job” solves every problem is a myth. Ask those poor people who struggle at 2 jobs at slave wages. There is a big picture of the support a society should be expected to provide especially moving into the furture of high tech and automation, where millions of jobs were first exported and are in the process of being lost to automation, with millions more to be lost. And greed? There is no place for greed that destabilizes society by a minority who thinks they deserve most of the pie. :unsure:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know how this guy ended up in my YouTube recommendations, but the first video I saw was the one I posted in this thread. Here's another that got recommended that I have to share and applaud.

I’m kind of loving what Beau of the Fifth Column is saying. Is he sincere? This person called him a fraud 2 years ago on Reddit and got a total of 4 replies.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
There is a false standard, get a job and live large, pushed by conservatives, ignoring the reality that we all don’t start in stable secure comfortable middle class families. And if you look at the numbers, if everyone decided to go to college, there would not be enough of those jobs to support all of the college degrees so the idea that “getting a job” solves every problem is a myth. Ask those poor people who struggle at 2 jobs at slave wages. There is a big picture of the support a society should be expected to provide especially moving into the furture of high tech and automation, where millions of jobs were first exported and are in the process of being lost to automation, with millions more to be lost. And greed? There is no place for greed that destabilizes society by a minority who thinks they deserve most of the pie. :unsure:

When I was in HS, a college degree was supposed to be the ticket. And since they let me play baseball, I went. I graduated and got a job. Decided that sitting around my house in the evening watching TV wasn't the best use of my time so I went back to school to get an MBA. Took 4 years, but I did get it. Worked for other people some more. Decided I didn't like working for others so I went out on my own. Did a few things and ended up doing home improvement. My time is split between actual physical work and office work, but I much prefer the physical work.

And what I do will not be replaced by automation anytime soon. Nor will a lot of other "trades". So my advice to anyone who is not sure about college is to take some time and see if being in a trade is a good fit. At the beginning I was surprised at the number of college grads who are in the trades, but there are so many of us now it is almost commonplace. But as long as you do a good job and don't cheat the customer, you will always have work.

chengengaun

Slightly Confused
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are many skilled jobs that does not require a college degree but take training and experience to do well, and make a good living - dental hygienist, elevator technician - trades should definitely be celebrated and not discounted. I regret that career counselors in my high school never even mentioned this.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
When I was in HS, a college degree was supposed to be the ticket. And since they let me play baseball, I went. I graduated and got a job. Decided that sitting around my house in the evening watching TV wasn't the best use of my time so I went back to school to get an MBA. Took 4 years, but I did get it. Worked for other people some more. Decided I didn't like working for others so I went out on my own. Did a few things and ended up doing home improvement. My time is split between actual physical work and office work, but I much prefer the physical work.

And what I do will not be replaced by automation anytime soon. Nor will a lot of other "trades". So my advice to anyone who is not sure about college is to take some time and see if being in a trade is a good fit. At the beginning I was surprised at the number of college grads who are in the trades, but there are so many of us now it is almost commonplace. But as long as you do a good job and don't cheat the customer, you will always have work.
A trade is an excellent choice these days. There are millions of cases of working hard, and being rewarded with a comfortable lifestyle.

But there are also multi-million jobs that have and are being lost, via exporting and automation, that used to employ citizens without higher educations, and now they don’t, at least not our citizens. These choices in the US (probably in Europe too ) were first made so a corporation could gain a financial advantage, but once one of them did this, arguably the rest followed suit to be competitive.

My point is that corporations as a rule care zero about and are designed to care for nothing but profits and I lamented back in the 80s that after they finished destroying the Middle Class, who would be able to buy their products domestically? This is where the Federal and State governments play a role and these are the only entities, that if functioning correctly represent all of the people and reign in the worst impulses of the money grubbing Corporatocracy.

But then the issue is that the government can only be as good as the dummies back home who elect people to represent them. And if a majority, or if not a majority, but enough citizens are motivated by Me>We, instead of the reverse, we are all going to end up suffering. We live together communally. reliant on the system, yet a lot of us spend our days scheming how to screw over our fellow human beings for our personal wants and advantages.

And with what the Republican Party right now is trying to execute, the destruction of Democracy as the GOP works to remove the factors that prevented Donald Trump from stealing the election in 2020 and with zero evidence, they are pushing the narrative to their dummies that the election was stolen in the US, I predict we are headed for possibly an insurmountable internal conflict. When truth dies, rules are now being built on schemes and scams, and corrupt stooges are put into positions of power, we are collectively in deep shit. This could quickly become a Viva La Revolution moment In time. And this might also be a good time to read up on the history of Nazi Germany as a primer. :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2