A rant on UPS....

D

Deleted member 199

Last time I had a DHL delivery it was to get my replacement UK passport - it arrived about 8 days later than schedule and took over a week just to leave their UK depot.
.... it didn’t come from the local embassy?

that sounds ridiculously risky for something as important as a passport.

U

User.191

Hell to the no. They've apparently subbed all that out back home to Blighty - at least they had 3 odd years ago when I last got it replaced.

U

User.191

Way back in the 90's my wife went to the local Croydon office to get her Visa refreshed. Got there at ~9.00am and the queue was already something like about 80 deep ("now serving number #2")...

We waited about an hour and were by then roughy 74th next in line.

So, we gave up and went to the local Post office, purchased envelopes, stamps etc and posted the application in the Royal Mail postbox in front of the building (they didn't have a mail drop there) and left to enjoy ourselves instead.

Just 2 days later her Visa was sent to us via the Royal Mail 1st class post - barely 48 hours from when we'd first stood in line.

Those were the days...

D

Deleted member 199

Way back in the 90's my wife went to the local Croydon office to get her Visa refreshed. Got there at ~9.00am and the queue was already something like about 80 deep ("now serving number #2")...

We waited about an hour and were by then roughy 74th next in line.

So, we gave up and went to the local Post office, purchased envelopes, stamps etc and posted the application in the Royal Mail postbox in front of the building (they didn't have a mail drop there) and left to enjoy ourselves instead.

Just 2 days later her Visa was sent to us via the Royal Mail 1st class post - barely 48 hours from when we'd first stood in line.

Those were the days...
I had a business visa for the first few years we lived here. Spent all day 8.30 when they opened till 6.30 when most of the staff had left, in a queue, to submit the application for a renewal.
Part of the requirements are photos of the office, including the company name on the door.

“can’t accept this, the sign on the door in this photo is crooked”

U

User.191

I had a business visa for the first few years we lived here. Spent all day 8.30 when they opened till 6.30 when most of the staff had left, in a queue, to submit the application for a renewal.
Part of the requirements are photos of the office, including the company name on the door.

“can’t accept this, the sign on the door in this photo is crooked”
Sounds about right. I think KPIs for Civil Servants are measured in how many applications of “things” they can deny.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
No. I get the nail supplies from the wizard.
The advantage with wizard couriers is that they are never late. Nor are they early.

The disadvantage is that they arrive precisely when they mean to, not when you want them to, nor when they are expected to. Just like UPS.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread because I just had a really weird experience with UPS. My AW Pride band showed up today but it really should have been delivered yesterday. Yesterday I got the notification that it was out for delivery and it was even on the live tracking map. Literally 10 minutes after that I get a notification that it was being held for a future delivery date. Like WTF was that? You just going to load it on a truck and then decide nah I’m not going to deliver this today I’ll just drive it all over town? Total bullshit.

Picture because I love the look of this thing
B75E2534-1DD2-4CDE-873B-EFA7F3175135.jpeg

D

Deleted member 199

This is an interesting thread because I just had a really weird experience with UPS. My AW Pride band showed up today but it really should have been delivered yesterday. Yesterday I got the notification that it was out for delivery and it was even on the live tracking map. Literally 10 minutes after that I get a notification that it was being held for a future delivery date. Like WTF was that? You just going to load it on a truck and then decide nah I’m not going to deliver this today I’ll just drive it all over town? Total bullshit.

View attachment 5490
There's a common tactic here, where they'll load it up, indicate it's out for delivery, but then when they realise they can't deliver it in time, they'll ring the customer & hang up after 1 ring, then mark the delivery as unable to deliver that day, due to "customers schedule" or "customer unavailable".

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 5490
I have that with UPS too many times to count. The excuses they offer are always hilarious. Not.

I’ve been eying that band myself. It is stunning.

D

Deleted member 199

So second day a courier has simply failed to show up. Yesterday they pulled the "customer rescheduled" BS. Today just "failed to deliver". Thankfully the seller speaks (or, more specifically reads, and writes) English and they're aware of it. I wasn't aware - my wife just told me this afternoon - apparently couriers here will just do this over and over for several days and then just send the package back to the sender claiming it was never accepted.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have that with UPS too many times to count. The excuses they offer are always hilarious. Not.

I’ve been eying that band myself. It is stunning.
TBH it seems like they've been passed and outperformed by Amazon for a long time now, they are as reliable as it gets and every time I see a package coming from UPS I'm like "shit, who knows when I'll get that".

Last edited:

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've also had a really dumb driver once. He literally hauled my package up three flights of stairs, didn't even knock, and just stuck a "sorry we missed you" sticker on my door. I wrote in a Sharpie on that sticker to actually knock and stuck it back on my door the next morning. Surprisingly he did knock the second time, but in his other hand he had another "sorry we missed you" sticker ready to slap it on my door without knocking. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom
1 2