A smart toaster - where do we draw the line?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I mean come on.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 8.03.41 AM.png

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
we've used a toaster oven for as long as I can remember; it's a multitasker! Can bake small frozen foods without heating up a big wall oven (and generating excess heat in the summer) and make garlic bread, toast, bagels, broiled sandwiches. When my kids got big enough to start making basic foods, they were so confused by a regular toaster at my parents' house.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
If it can make the toast the same way every single time, then it's worth it. :)

Given optical scanners can see defects in products on a belt going by at the speed of light, why can't they put one in a toaster that knows when the toast is the right level of brown?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I wouldn't want it harassing me because I don't use it often enough.

The first time a toaster talks to me will mark the start of its free flying lessons.

If it can make the toast the same way every single time, then it's worth it. :)

Sorry, no way. I'll stick with a dumb toaster and my free nose alert system.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
A touchscreen toaster? for three hundred and some dollars? Sure, the cost of a loaf of bread has gone up but...

I'm pretty sure this is a sign of the end times right here. If those toasters start producing locusts, we're all screwed.

"And lo upon the 5th day upon the breaking of the third seal did the overwrought machine which burns the bread of our tables rise from the ashes..."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Toaster oven is my choice. I don't need nor want multi space taking appliances.

So far I just settle for a toaster with slots wide enough for bagels and a defrost option.

Toaster oven sounds appealing until I wander out to kitchen and ask myself what I'd like to ditch to make space for it.
We got one a few years back and it's we use it all the time now, come to think of it I can't remember the last time we used our conventional oven. In terms of energy savings and ease of use the toaster oven is so much nicer. We did buy a decent model but it gets used heavily so it was worth every penny.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So far I just settle for a toaster with slots wide enough for bagels and a defrost option.

Hahaha, we eat dainty thin bagels, so they fit in a regular toaster :D

This morning I had a 1/2 with PB + banana + blackberry, and some bacon :D

Top Bottom
1 2