A Texas Gun Incident Poll (June 2021)

Your opinion about this shooting

• Husband shot in self defense, Peeping Tom should be arrested.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Couple is guilty of inappropriate use of guns and vigilantism.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Husband should be arrested for deadly assault.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Other- describe in post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

An intoxicated man is caught looking through a homes window at a ten year old girl. When caught he apologizes and walks/runs away. The parents, both legal gun owners chase man to a nearby gas station and threaten them with their guns to basically stay put while they call the police. While the husband goes into the gas station, the man struggles with the wife and grabs the gun and points it at the wife. The husband returns and shoots the man 4 times.

Of note, it depends on the state, but being a Peeping Tom is regarded as a misdemeanor invasion of privacy.

So is private citizen introducing guns into a misdemeanor situation appropriate?
Do you regard this as a vigilante action?

Yes, I do regard this as vigilantism and inappropriate, thes people introduced guns into a misdomeaner situation which caused a possible deadly outcome. Another strike against gun ownership when people take matters into their own hands. This does not fall under Castle Doctrine.

To see a parallel thread look here:

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know in some states when you shoot somebody who is fleeing you become the criminal. I don’t know what the laws are on chasing and holding somebody at gun point, but also they clearly weren’t under eminent danger. They in fact introduced the danger with the guns. If somebody is pointing a gun at you are you not allowed to attempt to remove that threat?

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
The poll at the other place so far has turned out better than I imagined. I’ll assume the MacRumors Cult of Gun is not participating in a reasoned discussion.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like these responsible gun owners are also guilty of attempted kidnapping.

Top Bottom