Abortion is illegal in Texas

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Referencing the thread title , there is no religious freedom in the US, just a Christian theocracy as Christians pass their religious law that effect everyone. A bunch of MFers. 🤬

This law undermines Roe vs Wade. SCOTUS refused the first attempt to block it on technical grounds which could be valid, or it could just be the result of having a conservative Court.

My question is on what grounds is there to sue a woman or someone who helps facilitate an abortion, just because you have a personal objection?

I’ve always thought in the United States you can sue for any reason, but you need to rely on the Court system to reject ridiculous claims and I‘m not sure of what defines ridiculous in terms of civil suits. There could be an assumption by the shit heads, that any jury formed in Texas will be anti-abortion and will find for the plaintive. This is just fucked up, another nail in the progressive agenda part of the master plan to return to the 1950s and ensure a Christian theocracy as long as these ass holes stay in power which they will try hard to do by stealing the 2022 election. 🤬

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
One other thing I’ll note about this Supreme Court.

They WERE willing to issue a stay against Biden’s eviction moratorium so that landlords could start kicking people out on the street right away.

But issuing a stay against a state outlawing abortion? Nah.

And since I’m talking about Biden...

Hmm, guess he was (somewhat) right about that. He voted against Clarence Thomas, though he underestimated how extreme he would be.

“Joe Biden voted against Clarence Thomas in committee, he voted against him on the floor, and he did not believe that he should be a Justice on the Supreme Court,” said Biden spokesman Andrew Bates. “Vice President Biden supports a woman’s right to choose and he believes we are in a moment of unprecedented assault on choice in this country. He has called for the codification of Roe into law and as President he would fight to preserve the right to choose.”

And he was right about getting out of Afghanistan a decade ago. He seems to be right a lot.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
well that has not worked out for voting rights so I doubt this will work out either.
The Supreme Court is out of control. Congress refuses to act. As the population becomes more and more urban, the Senate becomes closer and closer to minority rule due to the many rural states. At some point, something has to give. If the Democrats cared about preserving their power AT ALL, they would be applying massive pressure to Sinema and Manchin to kill the filibuster, get DC statehood, pass a voting rights act, etc. Instead they let those two ruin everything. Soon we will all have to "Praise Jesus” or face the consequences.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It is a lost cause. It was lost decades ago. Too many dems, progressives and women allowed the right to chip away at abortion rights slowly and now it'll be gone in an avalanche of similar legislation nationwide with the current court's thumbs-up today.

Same will happen with voting rights if we stand pat while the right assaults equality little by little.

Top Bottom
1 2