About that daylight savings time thing

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

I, personally, would be fine with year-round daylight savings time. It gets dark here at 4 in November: 5 would feel better to me. But this reasoning is, I mean, do we need an IQ test for government?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
At least IQ Saving Time is permanent.

As for the wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff, just stop messing two times a year! If normal time or DST should be the permanent one is mostly a local issue.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'd be fine with year-round daylight saving time. But then I'm not parent to a first-grader waiting for a schoolbus on a county road in the dark at 7am in the winter. On the other hand, I don't have a high schooler wrapping football practice in the pitch dark at the other end of the day either. So yeah, it's a local issue, always has been.

As for that Georgia legislation, sounds like the GOP figures any incorporated language that sounds like "tough on crime" will make legislation popular even if otherwise voters might not favor it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Around here, the sun does not rise before 8am standard time between late November and mid January, so there would be no real loss to daylight time all year.

Well but when it shifts now to DST later in the spring, there's an abrupt falback to it being dark again at 7 - 7:30am in a lot of places, which is what annoys people. If they just left it alone (either way) the seasonal changes wouldn't be so noticeable. I sure do hate that sudden plunge into darkness an hour early in November when DST rolls to standard time again. At that point it feels like a heavy price to have paid for summer evenings with twilight that lasts until nearly 10pm...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
But this reasoning is, I mean, do we need an IQ test for government?

This one would probably be enough to remove most politicians from office ...

1619745030894.png

U

User.45

Yah, well it's voters who put them there though, right? There's a reason we don't ask more than an ID of ourselves at the polls.
To quote our GOP friend from Arizona, "it's the quality of the votes that matter." This shit really got me floored because statement like this didn't fly even in the communist/post communist eastern block. This was acceptable around the time some European countries were transforming out of feudalism to whatever transient nightmare they adopted in the early 20th century.

Top Bottom
1 2