Absurd SF regulation and successful recourse

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

🤣

“Dear sir, you are forbidden to use your driveway as a driveway.”

“I strongly disagree as this centuries old photograph clearly shows a horse and buggy parked in the driveway in question.”

“Well played, good sir. I rescind my objection.”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

🤣

“Dear sir, you are forbidden to use your driveway as a driveway.”

“I strongly disagree as this centuries old photograph clearly shows a horse and buggy parked in the driveway in question.”

“Well played, good sir. I rescind my objection.”
Totally ridiculous, nothing epitomizes San Francisco better than this. People walking out of a Walgreens with carts full of merchandise and the city is like "oh well" and then they go after well established people like this. They also obviously don't patrol Daly City where half the home owners pave over their lawns and park right on it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Totally ridiculous, nothing epitomizes San Francisco better than this. People walking out of a Walgreens with carts full of merchandise and the city is like "oh well" and then they go after well established people like this. They also obviously don't patrol Daly City where half the home owners pave over their lawns and park right on it.

One of the first things that made me aghast when I moved out here was seeing people with concrete “lawns” full of cars, and garages that had been converted into living rooms, where they sit all day watching tv with the garage door open. I’m not sure if they do that anywhere else in the country, but certainly not where I’m from.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One of the first things that made me aghast when I moved out here was seeing people with concrete “lawns” full of cars, and garages that had been converted into living rooms, where they sit all day watching tv with the garage door open. I’m not sure if they do that anywhere else in the country, but certainly not where I’m from.
I think a big part of the problem is that most of those homes in the 90s were around $200K and are now worth $1.3+ million, no blue collar worker can afford that so you have many with 2 or 3 families living in them, also converted garages as you say for renters. As a result there's no parking anywhere and when I go to visit friends we always have to play musical cars.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

A simple explanation is homeless and criminals probably don’t have the money to feed their coffers but home and car owners probably do. It doesn’t get much easier than attaching a fine to common normal behavior. Always love when they let overgrown trees block the convoluted parking restriction signs that have different restrictions every 30 feet.

Top Bottom
1 2