Adobe is killing Flash?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I didn't even know it was still alive, it's a dated resource hog whose time has passed. Newer technologies are far better.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Right. It really isn't necessary any more and was indeed causing problems for those who were still using it. I never installed it in the 2018 MBP but the other day when I turned on my 2017 12" MacBook, the message came up, explaining that it was being EOL'd and inquiring if I wanted to remove it from my system. I did indeed, and now it's out of the MacBook, too. I would've removed it a long time ago if I'd remembered it was still in there. No harm done, though.....

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They announced its demise over a year ago. Maybe two years. It has been replaced with html5 mostly. Very few sites still use Flash.

U

User.45

Yes, let this abomination die.
1606479949553.png

I hate Adobe. THe whole company. Their softwares run like malware. Like WTF do I need an Adobe reader app that runs continuously and has been historically running slower than Doom on max res.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
View attachment 1565
I hate Adobe. THe whole company. Their softwares run like malware. Like WTF do I need an Adobe reader app that runs continuously and has been historically run slower than Doom on max res.
Yeah, it's definitely resource hog ware. But pretty much live in Lightroom and don't think I could live without it even though it also sucks down a lot of resources.

Last edited:

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. How is a brick made of straw and clay going to kill Flash? No one can kill Flash. Duh! Crazy internet people. :LOL:

giphy.gif

U

User.45

Yeah, it's definitely resource hog ware. BuI pretty much live in Lightroom and don't think I could live without it even though it also sucks down a lot of resources.
My approach has been not to be involved with any activity that requires their fucking software. These assholes think that the primary purpose of a computer is to be the slave of their shitty code. Fuck them. (Yeah, my hatred goes deep).

You guys are crazy. How is a brick made of straw and clay going to kill Flash? No one can kill Flash. Duh! Crazy internet people. :LOL:

View attachment 1571
You sure?
1606490564605.png

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
My approach has been not to be involved with any activity that requires their fucking software. These assholes think that the primary purpose of a computer is to be the slave of their shitty code. Fuck them. (Yeah, my hatred goes deep).

You sure?
View attachment 1573

Touché, sir. Touché...

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday on hubby's MBA. I forgot that some still use it. Told him to nix it immediately. I'm keeping my new M1 MBA free of garbage from Day 1.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Saw it yesterday on hubby's MBA. I forgot that some still use it. Told him to nix it immediately. I'm keeping my new M1 MBA free of garbage from Day 1.

So did you guys get the exact same machine? Was wondering if they're different if you've compared the two.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
So did you guys get the exact same machine? Was wondering if they're different if you've compared the two.
Yep, same exact machines. He got mine with Educational discount. Then decided hours later to trade-in in his 2018 machine. Took a few extra days to arrive (although both arrived much earlier than originally estimated). Unfortunately for him, his machine completely futzed up the migration. We had to take in to the Genius Bar today. A total PITA: more than two hours, three employees to finally get the machine working. Now home and he's still fine-tuning the machine to his liking. I thought I would have trouble with an ancient, barely working machine. It was a piece of cake. The only thing left for me to do is install my music library. Waiting till Saturday or Sunday. Still kinda wishing I had opted for the MBP. Probably best that I didn't get something that I'd never put through its potential.

Top Bottom
1 2