General Advances in high risk surgery using VR techniques

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I saw this article the other day and it is fascinating...... Astonishing what virtual reality can do, and in this case it was life-saving, as so often in surgeries on conjoined twins one child ends up being sacrificed -- either by dying or by being far more disabled than the other twin. In this situation, really risky surgery, had they not used VR chances are very likely that one of the twins, if not both, would have died.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
There's still a tendency among some to think "Oh VR, for like fancy videogaming, whatever..."

Well the "whatever" has become pretty expansive already in scope of usefulness past gaming.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Really cool, when I was involved in an AR/VR company for a few years, we got exposure to all sorts of companies/projects that were in the pre-visualization space, where there was some kind of real world process that benefited from interacting with it first as a digital creation. Medical (like the story above), design/build/fabrication, we talked to a company that was involved in the HR sector, and they were looking to do VR based training that would be determined from skills gap analysis on their platform (they were talking to a couple of big companies involved in food production).

Top Bottom
1 2