Alec Baldwin did what?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It need not be said that something is *possible* In response to posts saying that things are *unlikely.*.

Yes, maybe he got angry and tried to kill someone with a gun he thought was loaded with blanks. Possible, but not likely.
Yes, maybe he pre-loaded the gun with live rounds and intended to commit murder. Possible, but not likely.
Yes, maybe space aliens snuck into the prop storage and messed with the gun. Possible, but not likely.
Unlikely because?

Something you know for fact?

It's just what investigations are for. Yes it's unlikely space aliens were involved, without a history of such things happening. As I said earlier though we have heard of Baldwin being tempermental before in other instances. It doesn't mean he did anything out of malice. He could have been ( no pun intended ) making a point, and the firearm went off when it clearly should NOT have.

I see, I must have misinterpreted this statement

my bad
It's something investigators will consider.

NOT presuming that the actor "deliberately" shot at anyone with intent.

It's just investigating to consider then dismiss all possibilities. Of course a primary direction will be to show that Baldwin didn't mean to. Which of course will lead to answering why he was shooting in that direction instead of any possible other way. Along with of course why the props dept handed Baldwin a live gun at all, or how there could be live firearm on a set.

what-wtf.gif

Am I really being made to be the guy here to say "Wait for the investigation?" 🤣

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Unlikely because?

Something you know for fact?

It's just what investigations are for. Yes it's unlikely space aliens were involved, without a history of such things happening. As I said earlier though we have heard of Baldwin being tempermental before in other instances. It doesn't mean he did anything out of malice. He could have been ( no pun intended ) making a point, and the firearm went off when it clearly should NOT have.

It's something investigators will consider.

NOT presuming that the actor "deliberately" shot at anyone with intent.

It's just investigating to consider then dismiss all possibilities. Of course a primary direction will be to show that Baldwin didn't mean to. Which of course will lead to answering why he was shooting in that direction instead of any possible other way. Along with of course why the props dept handed Baldwin a live gun at all, or how there could be live firearm on a set.

what-wtf.gif

Am I really being made to be the guy here to say "Wait for the investigation?" 🤣

I think you are confusing us for police. We are here to talk. We are not obligated to wait for anything.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Good point.

You do you.

I'll just continue to say, "I'll wait to hear what the investigation reveals". ✌️
Speculate that it could've been deliberate because he has issues with anger then say let's wait for the investigation. :LOL: That's some serious Fox News tactics right there.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Speculate that it could've been deliberate because he has issues with anger then say let's wait for the investigation. :LOL: That's some serious Fox News tactics right there.
SpecificHauntingJaeger-max-1mb.gif

Yes, that's always been me.

Because presenting the opposing possibility if it isn't the favored one is a "Fox News Tactic".

As opposed to just presenting other possibilities. I'm "that guy" now.

I supposed if I could go back in time, I would say... nothing at all. Because evidently that would be the right thing to do here in this specific instance.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
As opposed to just presenting other possibilities. I'm "that guy" now.
You are speculating that this may have been a deliberate act based on the fact that he has past anger issues, followed with 🤷‍♂️ . "Posing the question for others to decide".

How is it different than Fox News talking about how the unarmed black man who was murdered by cops had a history of smoking weed and posting pics of himself with guns on FB?

The hypocrisy plays out on both sides here.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You are speculating that this may have been a deliberate act based on the fact that he has past anger issues, followed with 🤷‍♂️ . "Posing the question for others to decide".

How is it different than Fox News talking about how the unarmed black man who was murdered by cops had a history of smoking weed and posting pics of himself with guns on FB?

The hypocrisy plays out on both sides here.
No.

YOU keep saying that I threw anything "deliberate" in this mix. Deliberate is YOUR addition to the conversation & YOUR interpretation. Nothing I said or intended which I thought I made clear a time or two.

What I seemingly failed to get across to two of you, is that it will be looked at why Baldwin was pointing the gun in the directions he was facing. The assumption by another is that he was told to do so, which we don't know. For it to be "deliberate" it's to assume that Baldwin was aware the gun was "hot", which we do NOT know. Witnesses say he clearly seemed not to be. The questions will be asked why he pointed the gun that way, did he mean to fire it, etc. Questions an investigation is meant to clear up. IF Baldwin believed he did not have a "hot" gun, but was making a point important to him he could have been pointing for that reason. AGAIN, we don't know. It's what the investigation is for.

Sorry. I'm NOT trying to be the villain here. I'm not nor have ever been "Fox News" nor meant to act like them. I 🤬 should NOT have to even explain that.

If you need that, so be it. But it wasn't my intention. There are multiple possibilities and some will include those that you and anyone else may not care for.

My bad.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
No.

YOU keep saying that I threw anything "deliberate" in this mix. Deliberate is YOUR addition to the conversation & YOUR interpretation. Nothing I said or intended which I thought I made clear a time or two.

What I seemingly failed to get across to two of you, is that it will be looked at why Baldwin was pointing the gun in the directions he was facing. The assumption by another is that he was told to do so, which we don't know. For it to be "deliberate" it's to assume that Baldwin was aware the gun was "hot", which we do NOT know. Witnesses say he clearly seemed not to be. The questions will be asked why he pointed the gun that way, did he mean to fire it, etc. Questions an investigation is meant to clear up. IF Baldwin believed he did not have a "hot" gun, but was making a point important to him he could have been pointing for that reason. AGAIN, we don't know. It's what the investigation is for.

Sorry. I'm NOT trying to be the villain here. I'm not nor have ever been "Fox News" nor meant to act like them. I 🤬 should NOT have to even explain that.

If you need that, so be it. But it wasn't my intention. There are multiple possibilities and some will include those that you and anyone else may not care for.

My bad.
Thanks for putting your keywords in caps like that, it's really changing minds and making us see your objective point of view.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
[Juan Rios, a spokesman for the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office] said Thursday that the shooting at Bonanza Creek Ranch, in Santa Fe County, happened in the middle of a scene that was either being rehearsed or filmed. He said the sheriff’s office was interviewing people on the set to determine how the two had been shot.

According to The NY Times, the director liked to "to make on-the-fly adjustments when actors improvised."

Just totally devastating. I imagine the person(s) responsible for safety measures is also distraught knowing this happened. :(

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
According to The NY Times, the director liked to "to make on-the-fly adjustments when actors improvised."

Just totally devastating. I imagine the person(s) responsible for safety measures is also distraught knowing this happened. :(
Yes, a terrible tragedy for sure. You can bet whoever is in charge of props will likely pay for this somehow.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That's presuming.

There's also rehearsals, set up / positioning, downtime, discussions etc. Not EVERY move on a set at ALL times is orchestrated.

Which is why they will investigate, to find out what the circumstances were at the time. It isn't to say Baldwin is to blame directly, but all things have to be considered for a thorough investigation.
As somebody who has performed in the theater, they always tell you to treat prop guns as real, loaded guns and never point them at another person, PERIOD. Even if the scene calls for it, you are supposed to point it away from the person, but just in the general direction enough to make it somewhat believable to the audience.

Surely Mr. Baldwin has heard that speech from the props department every single movie he’s ever made. Now, it’s possible he followed the guidelines, but an accident happened anyway, especially if the blank exploded and sent shrapnel in a random direction. But if he was pointing it straight at somebody.... I say that’s on him.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Republicans are celebrating him accidentally killing someone and harassing him on social media. And some here wonder why I give zero fucks about anti vaccine trump supporters dying.
You mean the same people who clutched their pearls at the idea of the Herman Cain award are now celebrating the death of somebody? You don’t say…. 🤔

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like when the gun was handed to Baldwin, he was told it was a “cold gun.”

Top Bottom
1 2