ALERT: Trump has plans to go full Fascist in second term

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
You think I'm exaggerating?

Politico:

White House plots possible second-term Cabinet purge

A second-term Trump administration is considering expelling Cabinet members who have crossed the president, refused to mount investigations he has demanded or contradicted him on coronavirus.

...The evictions could run the gamut from senior health officials to much of the national security leadership. Already, the White House and administration officials have started to vet names of health care experts who could take over the agencies running many elements of the government’s pandemic response and overseeing the country’s health insurance system, according to two Republicans close to the White House. And the president is eying a remake of leadership at the FBI, CIA and Pentagon, exasperated with what he perceives as unwillingness to investigate his preferred subjects or take on the government’s “deep state.”
...“If Trump wins, he will feel vindicated and liberated, he will stack his Cabinet even more with loyalists,” said Chris Lu, a frequent Trump critic who served as the White House Cabinet secretary under President Barack Obama from 2009 to 2013. “It sends government in a pretty dangerous direction.”

The Guardian:

Trump aide Stephen Miller preparing second-term immigration blitz

The hardline adviser is said to be ready to unleash executive orders deemed too extreme for a president seeking re-election

The architect of Donald Trump’s hardline immigration policy, senior adviser Stephen Miller, is said to have a drawer full of executive orders ready to be signed in “shock and awe” style if Trump is re-elected.

The former homeland security department chief of staff Miles Taylor saidthis wishlist was reserved for the second term because it included policies that were too unpopular for a president seeking re-election.
Jean Guerrero, the author of the Miller biography Hatemonger, told the Guardian: “There’s a number of things they have been cautious about because of the legal and political risks in the first term and I think that in a second term you would see Stephen Miller get much freer rein when it comes to his wishlist of items.”

Those items are expected to include attempting to eliminate birthright citizenship, making the US citizenship test more difficult to pass, ending the program which protects people from deportation when there is a crisis is their country (Temporary Protected Status) and slashing refugee admissionseven further, to zero.

Also the Guardian:

Trump to declare victory before results are in, report says, as final sprint begins

Donald Trump embarked on a blistering final campaign sprint on Sunday, lining up 10 rallies in seven swing states over two days in an effort to defy the polls and replicate his shock election win in 2016. As he did so, it was reported that he is planning to declare victory on Tuesday, before the result is called.

Citing three anonymous sources “familiar with his private comments”, the news site Axios said Trump “has told confidants he’ll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he’s ‘ahead’.
...Trump’s tactics, Axios said, will depend on continuing to claim without evidence ballots counted after election day are illegitimate and evidence of voter fraud. Vote counting after election day is a regular feature of US elections.

And finally from the Guardian (which I also mentioned elsewhere):

Republicans closely resemble autocratic parties in Hungary and Turkey – study

Swedish university finds ‘dramatic shift’ in GOP under Trump, shunning democratic norms and encouraging violence

In a significant shift since 2000, the GOP has taken to demonising and encouraging violence against its opponents, adopting attitudes and tactics comparable to ruling nationalist parties in Hungary, India, Poland and Turkey.

The shift has both led to and been driven by the rise of Donald Trump.
By contrast the Democratic party has changed little in its attachment to democratic norms, and in that regard has remained similar to centre-right and centre-left parties in western Europe. Their principal difference is the approach to the economy.
The study, published on Monday, shows the party has followed a similar trajectory to Fidesz, which under Viktor Orbán has evolved from a liberal youth movement into an authoritarian party that has made Hungary the first non-democracy in the European Union.
India’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been transformed in similar ways under Narendra Modi, as has the Justice and Development party (AKP) in Turkey under Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the Law and Justice party in Poland. Trump and his administration have sought to cultivate close ties to the leadership of those countries.

My bold.

Now, he's already issued an executive order making just about anybody he wants fireable. In a second term he'd not only be giving racists tacit permission to go even more hog wild than they are now (I fear for any minority person), but he'd have given himself free rein to get rid of anybody that dares to contradict him and set up for himself a full fascist government. With the ability to put anybody he wants in the intelligence services, he will "investigate" whatever paranoid fantasy he pulls out of his ass (basically against anybody who crosses him), and he'd probably even find a way to take down Facebook, Twitter and any other social apps that could be used to organize protests against him.

And with the election polls narrowing, I'm beginning to get very nervous. We are walking a thread-gauge tightrope over a steep cliff in a hurricane. If this goes wrong...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
If this goes wrong, what's left of the Republican leadership will be ready to help the Democrats impeach and remove Trump early in his second term. They know by now they created a monster, but are just craven enough not to cop to it before seeing if they can manage to eke out their own re-elections.

If Donald Trump lived in your house you wouldn't let him use the microwave oven to make mac'n'cheese, never mind lend him keys to your car to drive your kids to school... even if you had cheered him on at a rally.​

Most likely the polling errors are not enough to give Trump a real chance at a second term. This is not 2016 and Joe Biden is not Hillary Clinton and 52% of the USA disapprove of him as President and there's no one in the USA who credibly thinks Donald Trump is qualified to lead us out of the coronavirus pandemic into a sustainable economic recovery.

Ask anyone on Wall Street and then ask anyone you know pretty well who works in retail or as a school custodian or in the hospitality sector. Their concern is economic but they know covid-19 is capable of shutting down their livelihood in fits and starts the way things are going even before the colder weather really sets in.

It's about a complete lack of helpful leadership with Trump as President. He's a meddler and a spectator of his own presidency... he sees himself on Fox News and goes "There I am, ain't that something."

He's something all right. Something to vote out of office and remember as a cautionary tale.

chagla

Reaction score
You bet he will especially since there is no 3rd term. I'm SOOOOOO disappointed in people. Seriously .. can't believe it. While Joe still has a chance, I expected to see a clear rejection of trump. I get in 2016 some were genuinely duped but after seeing everything in last few years, how can they continue voting for this guy?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You bet he will especially since there is no 3rd term. I'm SOOOOOO disappointed in people. Seriously .. can't believe it. While Joe still has a chance, I expected to see a clear rejection of trump. I get in 2016 some were genuinely duped but after seeing everything in last few years, how can they continue voting for this guy?
really disappointment in Americans. we rally are selfish.

Riyan17

Reaction score
This claim lacks credible evidence and appears speculative. It's important to critically evaluate such assertions before accepting them as fact. Political discourse should be grounded in verifiable information rather than sensationalized rumors. Additionally, accusations of fascism should be made cautiously, as they carry significant weight and require substantial evidence to support them. Let's prioritize informed discussions over spreading unfounded alarm.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This claim lacks credible evidence and appears speculative. It's important to critically evaluate such assertions before accepting them as fact. Political discourse should be grounded in verifiable information rather than sensationalized rumors. Additionally, accusations of fascism should be made cautiously, as they carry significant weight and require substantial evidence to support them. Let's prioritize informed discussions over spreading unfounded alarm.

Yes, let’s be informed.

Top Bottom
1 2