Alleged Jan. 6 Rioter Tries to Sell Home on Zillow, Inadvertently Reveals Cache of Explosives

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.”

U

User.45

A former Green Beret and one-time congressional candidate arrested last month for his alleged participation in the Capitol riot was illegally stockpiling explosives prior to being jailed on charges related to the Jan. 6 pro-Trump siege, according to an FBI search warrant filed Friday in Washington, D.C. federal court. When federal agents searched 47-year-old Jeremy Brown’s Florida home in October, they reported finding a short-barrel rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, more than 8,000 rounds of ammunition, and two hand grenades. But it was a picture included in a sales listing for his house on Zillow that led to his latest troubles. In a photo from “what appears to be Brown’s office,” FBI agents spotted a whiteboard with columns labeled “Food,” “Clothing,” “Shelter,” “Currency,” “Communicate,” “Move,” and “Shoot,” the warrant states. In the “shoot” column, it continues, “there are numerous firearms listed and explosive devices such as ‘flash bangs.’” The entry on the whiteboard indicated that Brown had the flash bangs “on hand,” the filing says, adding that Brown “is not registered to possess explosive devices.”
Serious question:

Aren't special forces guys supposed to be smart? As far as I understand, there isn't only physical aptitude testing but also cognitive and psychological evaluation too. @JamesMike, @SuperMatt you guys can probably enlighten me on this.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Serious question:

Aren't special forces guys supposed to be smart? As far as I understand, there isn't only physical aptitude testing but also cognitive and psychological evaluation too. @JamesMike, @SuperMatt you guys can probably enlighten me on this.
I don’t know anything about this person. However, a lot of people suffer mental health problems after deployments. The way he had things organized indicates possible OCD. Or he could just be a jerk… I just don’t know.

U

User.45

I don’t know anything about this person. However, a lot of people suffer mental health problems after deployments. The way he had things organized indicates possible OCD. Or he could just be a jerk… I just don’t know.
Sure there is some OCD tendency, LOL. I've had 1 or 2 medical students who took notes like this (they were probably way smarter than me).
Good point on post-deployment mental heath issues though.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
*Sigh.* These are the kinds of geniuses who want to take away our country from the rest of us.

I don't know what they want, really. Not sure they all want the same thing. Or even know what they want. A cult is weird that way, There's a lot of different stuff going on in the heads of people building a separate reality under a common meme or leader.

JamesMike

Power User
Reaction score
Serious question:

Yes, intelligent and psychological requirements are a prime request, but they can go astray!