Amazon delivery times

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
you must not look out the window enough. 😉 we have about three trucks that circle all around every day. I wonder about the logistics sometimes, because a lot of it doesn't seem very efficient to me.
I think a lot depends on their schedules and when items are ready to be delivered. I've ordered something and it'll be scheduled for delivery on the following day but then the first truck I see isn't the one with it on there, as the estimated delivery is later in the day, and lo and behold, yep, another truck comes along later that afternoon and voila! My package has arrived. Other times I've gotten deliveries earlier in the day and later on seen another truck. You may well be right, though, that there are more than just two trucks serving this area, given that my community consists of condominium units in several buildings, so it would make sense for yet a third truck to show up at some point during the day or evening as well. My bedroom windows are the ones which overlook the entrance to the community and the parking lot, so unless I happen to be in the bedroom for some reason or out walking around I'm not going to see traffic coming-and-going. I spend a lot of time in the main living area, which overlooks the lake. The view is much more interesting from here and the deck: for example, bird traffic I am treated to lots of views, both in the air and in the water!

Yep, I've seen both delivery men and women driving the big Prime trucks and I've also seen a few men and women driving automobiles rather than trucks.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
you must not look out the window enough. 😉 we have about three trucks that circle all around every day. I wonder about the logistics sometimes, because a lot of it doesn't seem very efficient to me.

We don't have Amazon trucks here. All deliveries are either UPS or UPS>USPS.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
We don't have Amazon trucks here. All deliveries are either UPS or UPS>USPS.
That's the issue probably. When our deliveries were via that route, I would say it was 50/50 that there would be delays. Can't remember the last time our AMZ orders came via UPS/USPS. Except non-Prime delivery. If it isn't available for Prime delivery I'll buy elsewhere most times.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
It's all the JIT logistics, that include cost strategies, etc., this one time, I really wanted this item for a trip, ordered on Tue, scheduled for Friday (we were leaving Sat morning, so a day late and I don't have it). I put ANOTHER one of the same item in my cart, kept checking the delivery day, and sure enough later in the afternoon I got a next day option, same price, ordered it, got shipping confirmation, canceled the other :D

I’ve observed this same phenomenon. The order something arriving in 4 days, then the next day you see the same item is available the next day.

I just ordered something on Amazon last Thursday or Friday expected this Thursday. Over the weekend I got an email saying it was arriving Wednesday. Surprising enough it ended up arriving today (Tuesday).

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you are out there. Amazon is probably farming those deliveries out.

Not really. I live in the major corridor 30 miles from the Capital city. Everything was 2 days up until Monday.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I just looked again and literally EVERYTHING on my Order It Again page is showing Friday delivery.

Something has changed for sure.

Yeah they have gone wacko. I ordered two bulk re-ups of staple goods for my pantry yesterday and as I put them in the cart (I was already signed in), both items were set to be delivered next Tuesday.

But when I went to check out a few minutes later, in the cart one item said Wednesday and one Friday.

Still, in the delivery options was the dread "choose your Amazon day" and Thursday was an option so I picked it.

Now I notice that the order has become TWO orders and on the one that while in the cart said "Friday" it now says "estimated delivery Thursday". Also it says I get $1.50 credit on my next digital purchase for picking my Amazon day.

Yeah, nice sop, but looks like I still get to watch out for two separate deliveries on two separate days and meanwhile I could have had one of them Wednesday if I just let the thing alone instead of picking an "Amazon day" that's likely to be more honored in the breach than not, for the item originally set for Friday anyway. WTF.

The extra carbon footprint alone ticks me off. Why not just deliver them both Friday and be done with it. But they're probably combing from different hubs. I can't get a decent price on the particular items at my supermarkets or I'd not buy from Amazon any more. I hate having to look out for multiple deliveries, even if UPS, which serves up my Amazon stuff here, is good about putting them on the back porch as requested.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Still, in the delivery options was the dread "choose your Amazon day" and Thursday was an option so I picked it.

They seem to be pushing Amazon Day pretty hard. I get why they want it. I don't.

Maybe go back to the $3.99 Next Day ...... Used to love that and it could be tricked. If you needed say 10 of an item, that would be a $39.99 charge to have them all shipped Next Day. But if you bought 1 and paid the $3.99 and then went back and ordered 9 more with regular Prime, about 90% of the time, they would all come next day.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Mine are usually 2 days. Some will be same day delivery if you order within a certain time frame.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I've noticed a trend where I order a couple of things, the cheaper item has the option for a day earlier vs. the "Get only one delivery!" option with the other items, a day later (I love how they sell that, like it's good for anyone but them ...)

And quite a few times, that single, under $10 item hasn't made it, shipping-something-something BS, and it shows with the other items.

Speaking of, I'm waiting on a whole bunch of things right now, hahahaha, since we're apparently in boonies (we're not), I love to watch the shipping slip:

YOUR ORDER WILL ARRIVE BETWEEN 10A AND 1P

(2 hours later ...)

YOUR ORDER WILL NOW ARRIVE BETWEEN 2p AND 5P

And now I'm at 3:15p to 7:15p, hahaha, I love the 15 minute intervals, like they're anywhere close to being that precise.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Don't think I've seen a woman driving one of those big blue AMZ trucks/vans since early days of the pandemic.

Our usual driver is a woman, she usually pulls up, side door open, letting the music BOOM ...

I always give her a good HEEEEEY! WHATCHA GOT FOR ME TODAAAAY?

She's super nice, during holidays and whatnot we always hook her up with some treats.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Our usual driver is a woman, she usually pulls up, side door open, letting the music BOOM ...

I always give her a good HEEEEEY! WHATCHA GOT FOR ME TODAAAAY?

She's super nice, during holidays and whatnot we always hook her up with some treats.
We get them pulling up with their music cranked and I say more power to them, they're out there in 105 degree heat working their asses off just to get my package to me within a day, I say party it up!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Totally. The UPS driver was telling how he went out and bought his own cooler (big one, like a 50 quart), and everyday stops by Wawa, fills it with ice, water and sports drinks, said everything is gone by the end of the day.

Today, with the heat index, it was 108° and you feel that in those delivery trucks with no AC.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Not Amazon, but a shipping service that drives me nuts is the FedEx Postal something-something. It's where it starts with FedEx, and then has a USPS handoff, and that always seems to add a day or two.

Like I get coffee from Tampa, and I'm in St. Augustine, and after it ships is takes 4-5 days to get to my door, from Tampa. I could drive over and back same day :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And now I'm at 3:15p to 7:15p, hahaha, I love the 15 minute intervals, like they're anywhere close to being that precise.

OH MY GOD!!

1658523534420.png

:ROFLMAO:

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Not Amazon, but a shipping service that drives me nuts is the FedEx Postal something-something. It's where it starts with FedEx, and then has a USPS handoff, and that always seems to add a day or two.

Like I get coffee from Tampa, and I'm in St. Augustine, and after it ships is takes 4-5 days to get to my door, from Tampa. I could drive over and back same day :D
smartpost. which i call dumbpost. a better description

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
smartpost. which i call dumbpost. a better description

Hahaha, that's right on. I get shipments from DC Shoes that way, but they come from CA, so it makes more sense vs. 3-1/2 hours away. The coffee place does actually have a straight FedEx option, I think it's $2-3 more, I hate to pay more just because of a day or two, but coffee ...

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

Maaaaannn! Don't get me started. I was on buying binge with Adidas. Anything that came from California wound up FedEx ---> USPS which meant at least 5 days for delivery. Can't complain because I get free delivery as a member of Adidas. But soon as I see it's coming via FedEx I get pissed off. Couple of times deliveries had to be forwarded from Virginia to NYC because it takes at least a week to get delivered. Even if it's not coming from California.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I can get stuff from Tampa in 2 days. UPS Ground. :oops:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@ronntaylor

Yeah, that was my other post, about buying from DC Shoes direct, it's like 4-5 days in FedEx, then winds up in Orlando (vs. coming all the way to local USPS), then it's like 2-3 days postal ... ugh...

Side note, I've been rocking the Adidas below this summer, dig on the canvas color, and the blue and red details, scored them for a pretty solid deal on Amazon (but nothing as good as my recent DCs, 40% off with a stacked $15, *boom*

1658534165868.png

Top Bottom
1 2