Amazon delivery times

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered anything from Amazon today?

Almost everything I have looked at is showing a Friday delivery. Today is Monday and normally most stuff would be to me by Wednesday.

And no I haven't let them sign me up for Amazon Day delivery (that was my first thought, but I am not showing it on my account).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Has anyone ordered anything from Amazon today?

Almost everything I have looked at is showing a Friday delivery. Today is Monday and normally most stuff would be to me by Wednesday.

And no I haven't let them sign me up for Amazon Day delivery (that was my first thought, but I am not showing it on my account).
Ordered my new NAS from them this morning and I'm already installing it, their delivery times have been amazing for me in my area. Typically 24 hours but often the same day.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
you reminded me that i had to order something, so i just did that and i'll have my item tomorrow. but i live in a major metro market where i can get same day delivery on a lot of things.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I just looked again and literally EVERYTHING on my Order It Again page is showing Friday delivery.

Something has changed for sure.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ever since the pandemic I’ve noticed phase- some explicable (big COVID spikes, serious weather, etc), some not. There have also been periods of normal delivery times apparently being entirely over-estimated and items chronically being delivered usually one, occasionally two days late from their predicted date.

Currently I’ve noticed a lot of items being scheduled slightly later for delivery. But I’ve also had items scheduled later updated to earlier delivery times.

Most annoying is I’ve noticed a lot more items available with same day or “overnight” delivery BUT the $25 minimum is been changed to $50.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It's all the JIT logistics, that include cost strategies, etc., this one time, I really wanted this item for a trip, ordered on Tue, scheduled for Friday (we were leaving Sat morning, so a day late and I don't have it). I put ANOTHER one of the same item in my cart, kept checking the delivery day, and sure enough later in the afternoon I got a next day option, same price, ordered it, got shipping confirmation, canceled the other :D

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Checked the recently purchased list again. Several of the items are now saying Saturday, but most are still saying Friday.

We have never had this issue before.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
"This one, I whittled out of oak, I like to call it Uncle Buck ..."

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Our NYC deliveries are mostly next day, with some two days. For our deliveries in small town Virginia, it's usually 2/3 days.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Haven't ordered anything from Amazon recently but because of the area in which I live, usually deliveries are the same day or the next day, with a few exceptions here-and-there. I see the Amazon Prime trucks usually once a day around the neighborhood, sometimes even twice a day.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Haven't ordered anything from Amazon recently but because of the area in which I live, usually deliveries are the same day or the next day, with a few exceptions here-and-there. I see the Amazon Prime trucks usually once a day around the neighborhood, sometimes even twice a day.
you must not look out the window enough. 😉 we have about three trucks that circle all around every day. I wonder about the logistics sometimes, because a lot of it doesn't seem very efficient to me.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
(for those who don't know, probably all of you), clix and i live in the same metro area, probably less than 10 miles apart, although i don't know specifics as to her actual location.

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
you must not look out the window enough. 😉 we have about three trucks that circle all around every day. I wonder about the logistics sometimes, because a lot of it doesn't seem very efficient to me.
I take 2/3 plus speed walks a day: mornings, afternoons and occasionally at night. I see AMZ trucks at all times in the nabe. And car making AMZ deliveries. I see the same delivery men (very rarely do I see women) weekly. We don't order as much, but when we do I sometimes track deliveries and see the trucks taking the same route with the number of deliveries/stops to be made before my order is dropped off. Tons of folk in my nabe apparently order on a regular basis. Seems wasteful as I sometimes see 2, 3 or even 4 AMA trucks/vans in a span of minutes of each other.

mollyc

seeker of light
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I take 2/3 plus speed walks a day: mornings, afternoons and occasionally at night. I see AMZ trucks at all times in the nabe. And car making AMZ deliveries. I see the same delivery men (very rarely do I see women) weekly. We don't order as much, but when we do I sometimes track deliveries and see the trucks taking the same route with the number of deliveries/stops to be made before my order is dropped off. Tons of folk in my nabe apparently order on a regular basis. Seems wasteful as I sometimes see 2, 3 or even 4 AMA trucks/vans in a span of minutes of each other.
we definitely have women drivers here.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
we definitely have women drivers here.
We saw lots during the height of the pandemic. Mostly driving AMZ cars. Don't think I've seen a woman driving one of those big blue AMZ trucks/vans since early days of the pandemic.

Top Bottom
1 2