Amazon Prime shipping is a real crapshoot

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That is more than I have ordered from Amazon since it came into existence.

Hahaha, we might need to go to an AA support group :D

Oh, let's see, in that period we had an anniversary, a birthday, and 3 monthly orders of some recurring consumables, it's like 10 items I think (so that's 30 items for just those subscriptions).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We very, very rarely have any kind of shipping issues with Amazon, Prime, or even pre-Prime. Been using them since 1999, and usually have around 100 or so orders a year (probably average ~2 items per).

Hahaha, holy smokes:

View attachment 6254
I thought we were bad with 18 :oops:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I thought we were bad with 18 :oops:

Admitting you have a problem is the first step ...

We do so many small orders, even stuff that's about the same price, and readily available at a store like Target. Like shaving cream/razors, packing tape, etc.

If you look at all the things you buy monthly, particularly consumables - and you hit depletion on several items (like my aforementioned example), it adds up!

Speaking of, I just ordered this - from Amazon - for the Tesla :D

1624542825077.png

IMG_8200DEDF82E1-1.jpeg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
We push the 60-80 mark per year I’m estimating. Some of the shipping is still fast since COVID but it’s not reliable like it used to be. It’s hard to imagine going without Amazon now. I’d cancel Netflix first.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Admitting you have a problem is the first step ...

We do so many small orders, even stuff that's about the same price, and readily available at a store like Target. Like shaving cream/razors, packing tape, etc.

If you look at all the things you buy monthly, particularly consumables - and you hit depletion on several items (like my aforementioned example), it adds up!

Speaking of, I just ordered this - from Amazon - for the Tesla :D

View attachment 6270

View attachment 6272
That's what I named my robot vacuum. Bender is nothing if not ubiquitous and versatile.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have considered canceling my Prime but when it comes down to actually hitting that button I back down lol idk why.

They're fine for the most part. I just noticed the last year has been a hot mess. My neighbor gets a lot of my packages. I'm glad he's an honest guy and will bring them by. I ordered an iPhone leather case once and it said "delivered" and they had a picture of it inside someone's garage. My garage wasn't open. So I went outside and it was in my neighbors garage. He was putting Christmas lights up so his garage door was open.

I like that they have a really good return policy. And also when packages go missing I just file a claim and they reimburse me without question for the most part. I don't have to jump through hoops for a refund with a missing package. I have thought of cancelling because I don't really watch Prime Video and I could probably live without 2 day shipping because their shipping has been all over the place anyway. My subscription ends in August. I may cancel and see how it goes after :)

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
That's what I named my robot vacuum. Bender is nothing if not ubiquitous and versatile.

I would have gone with a transformers reference there, since they could introduce one that transforms into a vacuum cleaner. Since they never make these things too on the nose, it would probably end up being called horsefly or something like that.

Top Bottom
1 2