An attempt was made by the police

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Police attempted to add a blue lives matter stripe and inadvertently let the truth slip out.

IMG_2788.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
been looking for the photoshop. They could have just used the blue line for an underline.
I think this was the genuine photo, if you click on it to enlarge you can see where the lines are dark blue.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Brought you by the sort of people who bring us...

"What did you arrest them for?"

"Resisting arrest."

"Yeah, yeah, you always do that. But what did you arrest them for, for them to resist?"

"Resisting arrest."

"Yeah, yeah, I got that. But what were the charges you arrested them for?"

"Resisting arrest."

"Yeah, yeah. But you had to charge them for something first, then they resisted, so resisting arrest was ADDED!"

"Resisting arrest"

...2 days later, person is released with charges dropped.

lizkat

Deep deep blue
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Do they ever lose their jobs? No, I'll bet they are still "under investigation" years later.

Yeah and meanwhile people of color who aren't able to at least flash some kinda badge themselves may rot in jail waiting for a trial...

A lot of just plain white people do definitely get a break when they're busted. It's pretty clear. This 22-yo chick didn't know she wasn't stealing a laptop full of secrets, just powerpoint presentations and talking points, and so she meant to sell it to Russian intelligence. She's home and charged with serious allegations but she's with her mom and wearing an ankle monitor with some guidelines about where she can go and what she can do. But if you're charged w/ stealing an ordinary backpack and you're not even coming from "free white and 21", well good luck to ya rotting in Rikers for three years before facing your accusers.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah and meanwhile people of color who aren't able to at least flash some kinda badge themselves may rot in jail waiting for a trial...

A lot of just plain white people do definitely get a break when they're busted. It's pretty clear. This 22-yo chick didn't know she wasn't stealing a laptop full of secrets, just powerpoint presentations and talking points, and so she meant to sell it to Russian intelligence. She's home and charged with serious allegations but she's with her mom and wearing an ankle monitor with some guidelines about where she can go and what she can do. But if you're charged w/ stealing an ordinary backpack and you're not even coming from "free white and 21", well good luck to ya rotting in Rikers for three years before facing your accusers.

There seems to be an unspoken rule in law enforcement. White people, white gloves. Black people, black batons. They don’t even try to hide it anymore.

I’m sick of it, honestly.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
When racially profiling goes horribly wrong and you're likely to lose your job because... you pulled over a State Attorney.

I recall reading a story last year in London where a black woman - who was driving what the police seem to have thought was a car that black women are not normally (supposed to be?) behind the wheel of, - was pulled over, and questioned.

Red faces ensued when it transpired that she was a MP and - surprise - she was driving her own car.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score

I've also about read a few - very disturbing and unsettling - stories (in the UK) of how black lawyers (on entering the courthouse), and/or, while in the courthouse - were endlessly confused with (and assumed to be) the defendant in cases that were scheduled to be heard.

lizkat

Deep deep blue
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I've also about read a few - very disturbing and unsettling - stories (in the UK) of how black lawyers (on entering the courthouse), and/or, while in the courthouse - were endlessly confused with (and assumed to be) the defendant in cases that were scheduled to be heard.

Unfortunately similar events still take place in corporate settings as well. Things like a person of color or any woman showing up early to a meeting, doing something like taking a tablet of paper off a stack of them on a side table and then being asked by another early arriver for "one of those too, and are you going to be bringing in bottled water?"

With stuff like that, one could wish to be able to remain unsure of how confused such inquirers really are about the situation. Really though a lot of it got old decades ago and in point of fact I never saw a white guy ask another white guy if he's going to be bringing in some coffee just because he happened to show up early to a meeting.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
One of my favorite news stories was about the Republican convention several years back. A white delegate asked a black guy standing nearby to carry his luggage. The black guy was not a porter, he was a delegate too.

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Unfortunately similar events still take place in corporate settings as well. Things like a person of color or any woman showing up early to a meeting, doing something like taking a tablet of paper off a stack of them on a side table and then being asked by another early arriver for "one of those too, and are you going to be bringing in bottled water?"

With stuff like that, one could wish to be able to remain unsure of how confused such inquirers really are about the situation. Really though a lot of it got old decades ago and in point of fact I never saw a white guy ask another white guy if he's going to be bringing in some coffee just because he happened to show up early to a meeting.

Oh, yes, I can so relate to this.

Fortunately - and, it is one of the many advantages of maturity, - for, as a middle aged, possibly professional, woman, you are less likely to be seen in such a light, or addressed, thus. You are also less likely to let it go, when you are middle-aged (and experienced, qualified, competent, female, and/or, someone of colour), if someone (white, male, senior, stupid) is silly enough - and entitled enough - to make such a request of you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom