Angry Birds - the comeback?

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hope so. The original was the best. All of the other ones are OK but I feel like they sold out to the micro transactions.

Edit: also all the new games got too complicated IMO with all the power ups and such. It was perfect when it was simple.

Last edited:

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up. I still have the original games on my iPhone 4 but Rio crashes on startup.

No adverts, no IAPs and no power-ups and I'm sold.

U

User 189

Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up. I still have the original games on my iPhone 4 but Rio crashes on startup.

No adverts, no IAPs and no power-ups and I'm sold.
Apple Arcade games aren't allowed to have advertisements or in-app purchases.

There's an in-game currency (likely for power-ups). Again, at least there aren't any microtransactions.

Edit: Yup, there are power-ups in the game. I just looked it up. As long as there isn't a life system (and there doesn't appear to be one), Ill be a happy camper. Angry Birds 2 was the last straw.
1624415537326.png

1624415738522.png

Angry Birds is easily my favorite mobile game franchise (with Cut the Rope trailing behind).

It seems like the characters from the movies are also being included in this remake. Fighting green pigs is great and all, but I will beat the living shit out of those eagles! :p

I hate that Rovio didn't announce a release date, but that builds up the hype and suspension around this game. This is the first time I've been excited for the release of an Angry Birds game in a long long time.

Even better, it will work with game controllers and will be cross-compatible on all Apple devices. A dream come true!

Just take a look at the announcement trailer and you can tell that this game is going to serve as a great homage to the original Angry Birds game.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
imma stick with Pocket Frogs.... i have different levels of that thing on all my mobile devices. great for while on hold on the phone or else dutifully minding the exact time fo take something off the stove... Love it that they started updating the thing again with new habitats and scenery options, new frogs etc.

I only like games that are no-pressure strategy stuff. my days of trying to kill the aliens before they blow me up are in the rear view...

U

User 189

imma stick with Pocket Frogs.... i have different levels of that thing on all my mobile devices. great for while on hold on the phone or else dutifully minding the exact time fo take something off the stove... Love it that they started updating the thing again with new habitats and scenery options, new frogs etc.

I only like games that are no-pressure strategy stuff. my days of trying to kill the aliens before they blow me up are in the rear view...
I love that game too. It was the first-ever iOS app I downloaded.

U

User 189

The game is now out! I just installed it onto my devices and it's really fun so far!

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
The game is now out! I just installed it onto my devices and it's really fun so far!
Going to check it out now.

Top Bottom
1 2