Another mass shooting, this time in San Jose

U

User.191

“You know, Harris, this is a time that I wish I was wrong with my prediction, which I mention to anybody who’d listen, that once COVID starts to lift, these cowardly shooters will come out exactly in tandem with the number of vaccinations.

“You can be sure they probably got vaccinated. They were just scared to come out. And they’re coming back, and you see the numbers don’t lie.

“The shootings are up dramatically – skyrocketing, actually – on active shootings throughout the United States as we’ve come through this pandemic. It’s really terrifying stuff.”

- Former NYPD detective Pat Brosnan, today on Fox News.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Read on CNN this is the 232nd 4+ people shooting incident this year. Let’s continue to move at a snails pace attempting to do anything about it. Maybe take some of the people off the decades of pot smoking studies and commissions and have them beat this topic into the dirt for a couple more decades. There’s still plenty of spare groups of people left to get shot up before we take action.

D

Deleted member 199

Read on CNN this is the 232nd 4+ people shooting incident this year. Let’s continue to move at a snails pace attempting to do anything about it. Maybe take some of the people off the decades of pot smoking studies and commissions and have them beat this topic into the dirt for a couple more decades. There’s still plenty of spare groups of people left to get shot up before we take action.
wait what. 232, by May ? Even for a country of gun nuts and regular mass shootings, that's over-achieving isn't it?

Are they trying to make up for the lost opportunities in 2020?

U

User.191

According to LostnGone, this must have been a gun-free zone, which is why the shooting happened. Of course, many more might have died in a wild-west style shootout if everybody would have had a gun and started shooting everywhere.
He's the sort of lunatic who probably feels that even kids should be armed to the teeth with high powered weaponry.

What's scary are the gun-nuts who ardently believe that you should be legally required to own a gun.

There's no way to argue with those idiots - evidence means nothing to them - studies are seen as left wing propaganda despite them showing things like that armed personnel don't prevent shootings (FBI Report of active shootings 2000-2013 [attached]) or that even the Police only hit their target 18% of the time (RAND report on Quality policing).

Attachments

• (U)_ActiveShooter021317_17B_WEB.PDF
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
He's the sort of lunatic who probably feels that even kids should be armed to the teeth with high powered weaponry.

What's scary are the gun-nuts who ardently believe that you should be legally required to own a gun.

There's no way to argue with those idiots - evidence means nothing to them - studies are seen as left wing propaganda despite them showing things like that armed personnel don't prevent shootings (FBI Report of active shootings 2000-2013 [attached]) or that even the Police only hit their target 18% of the time (RAND report on Quality policing).
Tsk, isn’t that just evidence that there aren’t enough armed people out there?

Armed personnel can’t be expected to protect you, you are on your own. Romanticization of the Wild west genre. You are responsible for your own safety, nobody else is.

Police only hitting their targets 18% of the time? Well, more people with guns will increase the probability of the target getting hit! And if the bad guy with a gun risks getting hit, the bad guy with a gun won’t even start the gunfight! Well, unless the bad guy with a gun had a bad day or is mentally ill, but then surely the good guy with a gun will prevail!

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
According to LostnGone, this must have been a gun-free zone, which is why the shooting happened. Of course, many more might have died in a wild-west style shootout if everybody would have had a gun and started shooting everywhere.

Hahaha!! Since I stopped reading PRSI over a year ago now, I miss these moronic explanations. Of course, people got shot because there was nobody to shoot the gunman, that’s the problem!!! [emoji2359]

D

Deleted member 199

Hahaha!! Since I stopped reading PRSI over a year ago now, I miss these moronic explanations. Of course, people got shot because there was nobody to shoot the gunman, that’s the problem!!! [emoji2359]
I just saw someone make a jump from the Lebron post, to China, to Biden in about three comments. Won't be long before it's on guns.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was interesting to see that news of the shooting hit the senate floor while they were in the midst of confirmation hearings for a new head of ATF (which hasn’t had anyone at the helm in SIX YEARS!). You’d think this would have swayed the Rs to do something, but they stood sat firm.

U

User.191

Rubbish. Look at all the shootings in England due to the lack of armed good guys.

I mean there...s well, Cumbria 10+ years ago, then there's... (thumbs through list)...Dunblane in 1996, Hungerford in 1987 and....

Shootings bloody everywhere - proof positive that the issue isn't banning guns, it's making people own more guns!

D

Deleted member 199

Rubbish. Look at all the shootings in England due to the lack of armed good guys.

I mean there...s well, Cumbria 10+ years ago, then there's... (thumbs through list)...Dunblane in 1996, Hungerford in 1987 and....

Shootings bloody everywhere - proof positive that the issue isn't banning guns, it's making people own more guns!
But but but, without guns, how's the population gonna keep the King (Queen) of England from just walking in and ............. waving weirdly.

U

User.191

But but but, without guns, how's the population gonna keep the King (Queen) of England from just walking in and ............. waving weirdly.
It's a risk, to be sure, but apparently it's a risk that the Brits feel is worth taking.

Personally I think it sets a dangerous precedent - I mean, we know the Queen's used a shotgun in Balmoral...and she spent time in the armed services before ascending to the throne... Now after Philip passing she must be a powder keg waiting to explode.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Obviously they needed more guns at the yard.
That seemed to be the complaint of one poster at MR.

If ONLY that area hadn't been a "gun free" zone.

As if they have a frickin clue that would have made a difference.

To many of these gun over enthusiasts imagine shit does down like in a movie. They will ALWAYS see an active shooter coming, will be able to out draw someone with a gun already drawn, NOT miss, the shooter will miss, and they will actually NOT shot the wrong person who may have also been trying to "help".

FFS

More guns are the answer like more cancer is.

U

User.191

That seemed to be the complaint of one poster at MR.

If ONLY that area hadn't been a "gun free" zone.

As if they have a frickin clue that would have made a difference.

To many of these gun over enthusiasts imagine shit does down like in a movie. They will ALWAYS see an active shooter coming, will be able to out draw someone with a gun already drawn, NOT miss, the shooter will miss, and they will actually NOT shot the wrong person who may have also been trying to "help".

FFS

More guns are the answer like more cancer is.
There was a fascinating documentary I watched a while ago (I think it may have been on HBO) where they put a group of gun owners in a classroom setting and were given sidearms to wear during the session, with the idea being that it was to be an educational exercise for them.

Midway through the session a couple of gunmen break into the room and all hell broke loose. Naturally the owners pulled out their guns and started firing back.

IIRC neither invading shooter was injured but plenty of 'students' were hit by other 'students' and others failed to even get a shot out.

Obviously this was all faked and none of the guns were live.

What it did show though that when all hell breaks loose, the vast majority of owners are totally unable to respond accordingly and are just as dangerous as the shooters.

Go figure...

Top Bottom
1 2