Anyone been to Argentina?

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking for info on trips anyone has done. We’re looking for a light hiking trip. I’m currently a bit overwhelmed by the choices but definitely a mountain-based situation, glaciers and the like.

We’d originally planned on Chile, but seems a bit COVID restricted. Not bad, but you need a Mobility Pass for bars and restaurants, which takes weeks to get, and it generally seems more restrictive than where I live which I’m not looking for. Also, random testing possible for air travelers which can potentially kill your trip.

Argentina appears to have none of that. They require medical travel insurance and that’s the worst thing I see. This would be for September. It’ll be chilly but that’s fine.

Literally any trip stories are appreciated, I don’t know anyone who’s been.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Looking for info on trips anyone has done. We’re looking for a light hiking trip. I’m currently a bit overwhelmed by the choices but definitely a mountain-based situation, glaciers and the like.

We’d originally planned on Chile, but seems a bit COVID restricted. Not bad, but you need a Mobility Pass for bars and restaurants, which takes weeks to get, and it generally seems more restrictive than where I live which I’m not looking for. Also, random testing possible for air travelers which can potentially kill your trip.

Argentina appears to have none of that. They require medical travel insurance and that’s the worst thing I see. This would be for September. It’ll be chilly but that’s fine.

Literally any trip stories are appreciated, I don’t know anyone who’s been.

For my part (and I'm pretty well & widely travelled), I've never been to Argentina, but two friends (a married couple whom - as it happened - I introduced to one another around 30 years ago), an exceptionally widely travelled pair, (the sort who have taken holiday trips to places such as Vietnam, Iran, Ukraine...) both are of the opinion that Argentina was one of the most impressive (and spectacular) places that they had ever visited, and both stressed that they loved the place.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
We briefly landed on Argentina for a proper long vacation but decided that September was not ideal. I’d like to ski it but it wasn’t that kind of trip.

We switched hard to Baja, Mexico. We've always wanted to go. 9 nights so it’ll be a nice vacation.

Top Bottom
1 2