Anyone else disappointed with Disney Plus?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm regretting that I purchased an annual membership, while they have decent shows, they're really limited. The movie catalog is also really limited and they rarely get anything new in that department. Additionally, even though you pay a monthly fee for their service, they STILL charge you $30 to watch new movies. Frankly, it's ridiculous and while I normally look for legit ways to pay for and watch programming, I have no compunctions about torrenting their new releases.

HBOMax is the complete opposite, lots of existing and new content and new movies are released without any extra charge the same day as they are in theaters. IMO this is by far the best service out there.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm regretting that I purchased an annual membership, while they have decent shows, they're really limited. The movie catalog is also really limited and they rarely get anything new in that department. Additionally, even though you pay a monthly fee for their service, they STILL charge you $30 to watch new movies. Frankly, it's ridiculous and while I normally look for legit ways to pay for and watch programming, I have no compunctions about torrenting their new releases.

HBOMax is the complete opposite, lots of existing and new content and new movies are released without any extra charge the same day as they are in theaters. IMO this is by far the best service out there.
It’s borderline, which is the point, I guess. I could easily do without it. A couple of those Star Wars shows are good but I wish I liked SW as a whole more; mostly don’t care. I’m a sucker for Marvel, and of course Disney/Pixar films can be great but….eh.

Completely agree about HBO. It’s the only indispensable service, IMO.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I subscribed to the NHL’s out-of-market streaming service, NHL.tv for a number of years. This year, I’ve gotten an email indicating that they are switching to ESPN+ for the service. On the face of it, this looks like a good thing. The price is $70 a year, cheaper than the previous package. It also includes a bunch of non-hockey stuff.

They offer a Disney bundle for $14 a month that adds Disney+ and Hulu (with ads). Perhaps this deal isn’t that great and I should just stick to ESPN+??

Also, I see that ESPN+ doesn’t include stuff that’s on “regular” ESPN for some reason. I guess it must have something to do with their contract with cable companies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 221

HBO's streaming option is the only one of these types of things I've ever really stuck with long term.

The back catalog of movies that's constantly in rotation is wonderful.

We do use Fubo & YouTubeTV alternately throughout the year for live content streaming (Sports)

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am getting DisneyPlus included with my Verizon. That is the only reason I have it lol - I think the only movie I have watched is Cruella. Nothing on there really gets my attention. I have never been a huge disney fan though.

Now HBOMax is the shit.

Top Bottom
1 2