Anyone still gigging?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Now that I'm retired I'm going to get back out there and play live again now that the pandemic has slowed a bit, it's been about 5 years and the last band I was in I played drums but I'll be strictly guitar going forward.

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
Now that I'm retired I'm going to get back out there and play live again now that the pandemic has slowed a bit, it's been about 5 years and the last band I was in I played drums but I'll be strictly guitar going forward.
Back in 2009 I started gigging again until I suffered a stroke in 2017 which screwed with my playing and wellbeing in general. I was determined to play again and worked really hard at it (its taken years to get it back to where I was). But the band were so cool about it and got me up after about 6 months. At that point I could strum a few chords so we had another guitarist doing all the clever stuff. Then I had another health issue which took me out of the game in 2019. That took a while to recover from and by that time the pandemic hit. The band are currently in mothballs but I have recently suggested we investigate doing it again... fingers crossed ... Gigging is a young persons game ;)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Back in 2009 I started gigging again until I suffered a stroke in 2017 which screwed with my playing and wellbeing in general. I was determined to play again and worked really hard at it (its taken years to get it back to where I was). But the band were so cool about it and got me up after about 6 months. At that point I could strum a few chords so we had another guitarist doing all the clever stuff. Then I had another health issue which took me out of the game in 2019. That took a while to recover from and by that time the pandemic hit. The band are currently in mothballs but I have recently suggested we investigate doing it again... fingers crossed ... Gigging is a young persons game ;)
I'm glad you're still thinking about it all considering, totally get having health issues that hinder it. I'm thinking something a little more mellow like coffee houses or wineries once or twice a month type of thing, the days of doing 5 sets a night 3 days a week are definitely behind me. All the gear setup, travel, late nights, etc. are just too much.

Top Bottom
1 2