Apple’s ML chief leaving (for dumb reason)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
While I agree with the general idea that people shouldn't be forced to work in a building when there's no direct benefit to it, there are probably way more jobs where people need to be in a building to do their job...think retail, manufacturing, food services, etc. I think it's also fair to say that generally speaking people who have jobs that can be done remotely get paid a lot more than those people who have to physically be in a location. So it's kind of insulting to hear highly paid people whine about having to sit in an office like they are some champion of the working class getting the rawest of deals in life.
More insulting they'll take their highly paid remote work job to some quaint more affordable city and jack up the cost of living for those who were already there and have jobs where you can't work remotely.

So again, I get it on principle, but I don't get it on perspective and ripple effects. Remote work isn't going to be the savior of civilization and certainly not inequality.

Top Bottom
1 2