Apple Car on track for 2026 release, under $100K price, custom chip, and no full self-driving at launch

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Over the last couple of years, we’ve heard different estimates of when Apple Car might finally make it to market which have ranged from 2024 to 2028. Now the latest report predicts a debut in 2026 with a custom Apple Silicon chip, no self-driving, and a price tag under $100,000.

There have been many twists and turns over the last seven years of Apple Car news and rumors. Back in 2017 after several years of work, it appeared Apple had given up on producing a physical vehicle and was ready to focus on autonomous vehicle software.

However, at the end of 2020, Apple pivoted back to working on producing an actual car powered by its own software.

Some reports suggested a launch as soon as 2024 while others said it would likely be 2028 or beyond. Rumors swirled that Hyundai and Kia were working to reach a deal to produce the vehicle but that was later scrapped.

Early in 2021, Bloomberg said that the Apple Car launch would likely launch between 2026-2028 and corroborated some reports that Apple was aiming for a self-driving-focused design. Since then, we’ve seen Project Titan have to reorganize its team once again.

$100K and no self-driving, what's not to love?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
See, the Apple Tax in action. I can buy a shitty car much cheaper, or a car with much stronger engine, or a car I can install whatever parts I feel like in, etc!
Going forward I think I'm going to buy from an actual car manufacturer, sure Tesla beat them to the punch but once they all get the electronics and batteries worked out and integrate them into existing engineering we'll have some real options.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Going forward I think I'm going to buy from an actual car manufacturer, sure Tesla beat them to the punch but once they all get the electronics and batteries worked out and integrate them into existing engineering we'll have some real options.
Sounds wise, that’s what I would do if I were to buy a car.

Still, best of luck to Apple!

Top Bottom
1 2