Apple Cloth for $19

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
On that note, there is actual negative scoring setup for thumbs down posts by default with Xenforo. Not sure how they have it setup over at MR but I've made it so that does not count against anyone here.
At MR, they do not have the 👎🏼 in the selection, so it is not set up at all.

I really like the setup in the story comments section over on ars: there is an up arrow and a down arrow, and if a post gets below, I think, -20, it gets collapsed and you have to click on the "post hidden" link to expand it. Of course, you need to have some serious traffic for that to work.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
At MR, they do not have the 👎🏼 in the selection, so it is not set up at all.

I really like the setup in the story comments section over on ars: there is an up arrow and a down arrow, and if a post gets below, I think, -20, it gets collapsed and you have to click on the "post hidden" link to expand it. Of course, you need to have some serious traffic for that to work.
They do in the news section, you can downvote any post except for the first post by MR.

R_P

Reaction score
I edited the last name, Rather that’s a policy violation on here, I didn’t review it.

However, that particular persons information is completely publicly available on multiple platforms. I don’t see that as being unacceptable if somebody’s willingly and voluntarily to explicitly list their first and last name for anyone to visibly see on the Internet.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Where have we been?

I mentioned I got one with my new M1 MBP in Oct, because I had the extra credit from all of my trade ins.

51637262464_154d259be6.jpg

I got it for laughs since as I've come to realize, if you aren't ordering some overly expensive BTO from Apple, just walk in the store day of & buy that new thing. Otherwise with the Apple fanatical, EVERYTHING that is purchased online gets backordered for months, even a polishing cloth.

I don't even know where the unopened package is anymore.

It's funny because over at MR, they are making a big fuss of NOT using Whoosh on you MBP screens, which is what the Apple stores use for cleaning products supposedly. No one even mentions Apple's cloth, as if they've already forgotten it exists.

Last edited:

bunnspecial

Site Champ
Reaction score
I edited the last name, Rather that’s a policy violation on here, I didn’t review it.

However, that particular persons information is completely publicly available on multiple platforms. I don’t see that as being unacceptable if somebody’s willingly and voluntarily to explicitly list their first and last name for anyone to visibly see on the Internet.

Yes, we know how self-important it makes you feel to pretend like you know more than everyone else. That's a tall order considering the amount of intelligence, or rather lack of intelligence, that comes across every time you post one of your big-word-filled monologues that don't even make sense to someone who actually understands the meaning of the words you try to use.

It must be a sad life to have nothing better to do but crap like this, but then this is what makes you so insufferable at MR.

Welcome back, here, though. We're glad to have you if you actually want to constructively participate. Just know you can't be the playground bully on here. You won't get banned, but unlike on MR the moderators don't have your back and you WILL get destroyed.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Where have we been?

I mentioned I got one with my new M1 MBP in Oct, because I had the extra credit from all of my trade ins.

I got it for laughs since as I've come to realize, if you aren't ordering some overly expensive BTO from Apple, just walk in the store day of & buy that new thing. Otherwise with the Apple fanatical, EVERYTHING that is purchased online gets backordered for months, even a polishing cloth.

It's funny because over at MR, they are making a big fuss of NOT using Whoosh on you MBP screens, which is what the Apple stores use for cleaning products supposedly. No one even mentions Apple's cloth, as if they've already forgotten it exists.

Yeah, I remember you bought the cloth. You haven't opened it yet?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He should do an unwrapping video. 😛

You know, unwrapping videos - the kind that take forever, so that the star of the show (rarely the product, all too often the human) seldom has sufficient time remaining to let you know the important stuff:

This is:

1: Does the product (unwrapped with love, and endless adoring attention), work - does it do what it is supposed to do, what it was designed to do? And, does it do it well?

2: How it actually works (what buttons need to be pressed and in what sequence - yes, the basic stuff - to make it work).

3: How it fares, or rates against the opposition: In other words, how it compares (in terms of quality, performance, price) with its competition?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Deleted by Moderator.

Very interesting. I have had my suspicions that this individual is not a "she," but a "he." It seems to me that if you have written here is actually true and you can provide proof, that you should be reporting this to the powers-that-be at MR, which is the site s/he has infested, (thankfully not this one). In a way, the behavior he or she is exhibiting -- running up their post count in an extremely rapid way -- is akin to spamming behavior and should not be permitted on any site.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember you bought the cloth. You haven't opened it yet?
Nope. As I said, I got it for the novelty factor. As a joke when the lady asked if there was anything I wanted to get with my credit, I asked if they actually had any of the cloth that was sold out until December. She laughed and said they had a few, I couldn't pass it up.

Once I got home though, the real interest was with the MBP.

Like all things Apple these days, there's a seal / sticker on the packaging, I didn't feel like breaking it. So it got tossed in my desk drawer, which I just found.

I later got a Whoosh kit from Amazon ( having forgotten about the Apple cloth ) for less than the Apple cloth, and use it to clean my MBP. 🤷‍♀️

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Where have we been?

I also walked into the local Apple Store the day it was released and walked out the door with a new MBP few minutes later. They didn’t try to sell me a cloth...

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I see you have chosen "...or else."
I always choose "...or else", otherwise why offer it?
AliveWearyEmperorshrimp-size_restricted.gif

I also walked into the local Apple Store the day it was released and walked out the door with a new MBP few minutes later. They didn’t try to sell me a cloth...

Technically she didn't try to sell me anything. I asked as a joke, she laughed in return mentioning it like "Of course we have it, it's freakin' cloth in an Apple Store. Who's going to buy that?" They don't even sell Apple store t shirts, why think a cloth is going to be a big mover?

Top Bottom
1 2