Apple employees whine about having to return to work

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’m curious to see if there will also be a pay rate difference. Already with companies that have employees in different states the pay to do the same job is based on the cost of living in that local area. If you want to work from home in Bumfuck Idaho because you like nature, fine, but we’re not going to pay you based on the cost of living in Silicon Valley. I’m sure that was already the case but nowhere near the scale that employees seem to be demanding now.
The government definitely pays different rates based on where people live. That’s ONE reason a lot of people were very upset when Trump tried to move a lot of USDA research jobs to Kansas. Sorry to remind everybody of yet another reprehensible action of the orange turd....

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The government definitely pays different rates based on where people live. That’s ONE reason a lot of people were very upset when Trump tried to move a lot of USDA research jobs to Kansas. Sorry to remind everybody of yet another reprehensible action of the orange turd....

But I was talking more specifically about the tech industry, admittedly I didn't say that. I think the pipe dream is that tech workers working remotely from a low cost of living area will get paid the exact same as those living in high cost of living areas. That may actually happen in the short term, but it will be followed by an adjustment. Either remote workers won't get paid as much (already happening when you talk globally) or the cost of living will rapidly increase wherever they decide to move to, already happening in places like Boise ID and Bend OR.

D

Deleted member 199

But I was talking more specifically about the tech industry, admittedly I didn't say that. I think the pipe dream is that tech workers working remotely from a low cost of living area will get paid the exact same as those living in high cost of living areas. That may actually happen in the short term, but it will be followed by an adjustment. Either remote workers won't get paid as much (already happening when you talk globally) or the cost of living will rapidly increase wherever they decide to move to, already happening in places like Boise ID and Bend OR.
Silicon Valley tech salaries are ridiculously over inflated, so adjusting them to the less ridiculous cost of living in the real world isn’t specifically a bad thing.

Top Bottom
1 2