Apple Event 4/20

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I came into a $200 Apple gift certificate and used it on an ATV 4K 2921, even though I’d bought the 2917 version a month ago. Couldn’t let it go, I wanted the latest and that remote. It’s all pretty nice.

I’ll try to sell the older one on Craigslist for $100. I’d think that would move it but we’ll see.
Would love to hear what you think about it after having used it for a while!

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well ...

It's a shitty rendering of a possible "Mini Pro", just been being talked about quite a bit recently with the news about a the new MBP. 10 core CPU - I guess the WOTS is 2-core efficiency / 8-core performance vs. the M1 design of 4+4, PLUS, a 16 or option for a 32-core GPU[?]

Holy Forking Snort, must have.
The designs that MR have been showing work for you?

mac-mini-ports.jpg

I think combined with the usb-c hubs that already exist, the idea of decked out mac mini pro with way too many ports is an interesting thought.

6410331cv11d.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh my! Wow, yeah, that top image is kind of sexy. The magnetic connector is awesome, I don't like the little rubber AppleTV/XBox/etc., type power cord that's used with the Mini, I always feel like I'm plugging it in too hard (or not enough), I'd prefer something with a positive, absolute connection (wouldn't even have to be magnetic, but that works).

Side note: I was looking at AirTag keyrings again (a nice leather one for the wife) and are people really this dumb ...

... there's a number of 1 star reviews of the Apple product, not because the product itself is bad, but because people buying it THOUGHT IT CAME WITH AN AIRTAG.

Yes, Apple is selling you a $35 leather keychain that includes another product they sell for $29 ... so Apple, APPLE, is selling you an accessory for $6. The company that sells $50 silicone iPhone cases and $100 watch bands made out of polyester ...

1622032849718.png

No, is does mot.

1622032962364.png

No, and the $8.31 MacBook Pro case below does not come with a $1500 Macbook Pro ...

1622032941903.png

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would love to hear what you think about it after having used it for a while!
The new ATV 4K is pretty great. I’m reading about people having issues with the remote losing connection but that hasn’t happened once to me. Also it controlled my Sonos TV speaker right out of the box which was great.

Was also able to sell my 1st gen ATV 4K. That remote was losing the connection and started to annoy me. My ATV HD never did that.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I think they need to drop the mini. Not the product, the designation. I envision them putting it on a logic board that is striped, and perhaps drilled, for the expansion connector that you get with the pro model, into which you can plug in a proprietary PCI chassis or a second SoC board or both.

By dropping "mini", they would be saying “it's that good” – good enough for 99% of users who need/want a headless Mac.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I figured this would be changed during iPadOS 15 development
Yeah. I enjoyed the beginning of the thread, because it's just laughing at all the people in tears because the iPad Pro wasn't Pro enough according to their standards and didn't use enough of the ram. Wondering if people really did buy an iPP or return them, or were just starting threads to bitch.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
An enterprising lawyer in Portland, Oregon found use for some Air Tags. He stuck 16 of them to functional possessions of (willing) folks being evicted from a homeless camp by a contracted company. The law says such belongings must be turned over to and retained by the city for 30 days unless they're unsanitary, so owners can reclaim them. People were saying what was happening was that the stuff was going straight to landfill instead. Turns out.... yeah, the company doing the sweep of that camp took at least some of the items to a waste transfer station. Stay tuned for lawsuits...

A local lawyer claims he has ironclad proof that belongings taken during a recent campsite sweep in Portland were unlawfully dumped in the trash.

Michael Fuller, who made a last-ditch legal maneuver last week to halt the clearing of tents from Laurelhurst Park, says he surreptitiously attached Apple AirTag tracking devices to 16 personal items with permission from several campers ahead of the clean-up by city contractor Rapid Response Bio Clean.

Now, Fuller says, the wireless location signals show some of those possessions — including a pair of gloves, a speaker, two canvas paintings, and a French press — ended up at the Recology Oregon waste transfer station, 6161 N.W. 61st Ave.

“I practically begged the city not to move forward with the sweep to make sure property wasn’t being destroyed, and the city ignored me. Now there’s going to be legal consequences,” Fuller said in an interview. “It completely vindicates what the homeless people have been saying all along.”

Top Bottom
1 2