Apple Event 4/20

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
D'oh! Did NOT realize my remote for my Fire TV worked with the Apple TV, until this weekend by accident.

Now, I have no need for the new remote until I get a new Apple TV.

Now just waiting to update my iphone's IOS, to use the color balance feature.
Wait, what?! Which remote?
Woo, I'm iPadOS / iOS TVOS / 14.5, and WatchOS 7.4!
I’m updating now!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
D'oh! Did NOT realize my remote for my Fire TV worked with the Apple TV, until this weekend by accident.

Now, I have no need for the new remote until I get a new Apple TV.

Now just waiting to update my iphone's IOS, to use the color balance feature.
I just fixed the color balance on my TV - I guess it was actually pretty well calibrated to begin with, as the adjustment was very minor.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I just fixed the color balance on my TV - I guess it was actually pretty well calibrated to begin with, as the adjustment was very minor.
Perhaps. But now you know that it is balanced as it should be according to Apple. Great feeling, right?

Gotta get myself a new iPhone to try it out. Sadly couldn't use my iPad Pro 😭

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Perhaps. But now you know that it is balanced as it should be according to Apple. Great feeling, right?

Gotta get myself a new iPhone to try it out. Sadly couldn't use my iPad Pro 😭

I used an iPhone X (not XS or newer), I thought I was sort of old-schooling it! :ROFLMAO: Do you have an iPhone that can't do a 14.5 update?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven’t done the color balance yet. Will do that later.

Meanwhile my damn iPad won’t update. It keeps telling me it can’t authenticate because because it’s not connected to the internet. And yet it is. Grrrrrr....

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
For me it did seem like my original picture was pretty washed, so I dig what it did for me.

I'm pleasantly surprised and fascinated with what Apple keeps coming up with.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Wait, what?! Which remote?
images

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Shipping notification for AirTags :D

1619703975920.png

But my UPS direct tracking shows this:

1619704021939.png

I thought I was going to have time to shop and have a couple of holders here before they arrived, hahaha, better hit up Amazon :D

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Soooooo....

I can’t update my iPad. I think it goes back to a drop a few months ago. But not being able to update is not acceptable. And since I still have Apple Care I know it will be replaced. In that case, I’ll have this one replaced and give it to my daughter and buy myself an M1 iPad. Win win.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I can’t update my iPad. I think it goes back to a drop a few months ago.

Just be glad you were not beset with my affliction. My Air 2 turned green. It was like the red pixels all got pinched or something. Everything was working just fine but the color distortion was just painful to look at and, well, try to edit images when you cannot quite tell what they look like. It snapped back a couple times but never stayed clear for very long. I had to replace it.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well.

That was some unnecessary effort. Took almost 20 minutes to get the new iPad Pro. Had the Apple store app up & ready on the current iPad Pro. I was sitting on the fence up until 8AM, cracked, ordered, and it was taken out of my bag when it came to review. Tried several times, always the same results. Switched to the family Macbook Air, same results. Out of curiosity because I noticed on MR that people ordering a 256 or 512GB iPad Pro were having no issues, while my 1TB kept disappearing, added a 2TB. THAT went thru fine!

No way I was doing that though, just because... So tried again, but this time instead of reviewing my order just clicked on the bag icon showing an item in the bag. THIS time the item stayed, and was finally able to put my order in. Also got a new white Magic Keyboard to along with it, to take a look.

Interesting I couldn't order my new iPad on the old one. When I did go to close the Apple store app on my iPad after ordering though, it NOW had an option to add to bag & purchase. :sneaky:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just be glad you were not beset with my affliction. My Air 2 turned green. It was like the red pixels all got pinched or something. Everything was working just fine but the color distortion was just painful to look at and, well, try to edit images when you cannot quite tell what they look like. It snapped back a couple times but never stayed clear for very long. I had to replace it.
That's the same issue my mother had with her old iPad Air. It was really weird. I finally bought her a new one.

No problem with my purchases this morning right from the app on my phone. Almost 9 a.m. when I even remembered. Could not for the life of me, however, remember how to get to the ❤️ items.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My 4 pack of AirTags showed up today. I also got my order in for the Apple TV 4K.
I got engravings so will have to wait a couple more weeks. Let us know how they work out for you, I'm curious to see how other people use them. One will be in my camera bag for sure.

Top Bottom
1 2