Apple Event 4/20

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Well I didn’t the iMac. I’m gonna wait a little while longer. I did get the 64GB tv, the new remote for mom, the 512GB iPad in Space Gray, and the  Pencil.
I'm still hoping they will find a way to keep the door in the iMac to add our own RAM. As it's been pointed out to me though, because of the M1 chip that's unlikely. So if I can't get a space gray iMac, I can pass.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got engravings so will have to wait a couple more weeks. Let us know how they work out for you, I'm curious to see how other people use them. One will be in my camera bag for sure.
Yeah I was going to get mine engraved but when I saw the delivery date I was like nah lol. Put one in my wallet. I’m still waiting on the key ring holder to put one on my keys. They’re smaller than I was expecting based on the pictures I’ve seen. The UWB directional tracking is pretty cool and really accurate.

Last edited:

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I'm still hoping they will find a way to keep the door in the iMac to add our own RAM. As it's been pointed out to me though, because of the M1 chip that's unlikely. So if I can't get a space gray iMac, I can pass.

I think that’s over and done. That’s just not how ’s M chips are going to work. It may happen for an iMac Pro, but I really think that’s unlikely too. I’m not making any decisions until after WWDC.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
This first M1-based iMac is based on the smaller 21.5" Intel iMac, and that one didn't have the user-openable RAM door on it, hasn't for quite some time, so I seriously doubt that the new 24" M1 one does, either. Aside from that, as has been mentioned, due to the whole M1 chip configuration (everything integrated right on it) this makes it unlikely to even have a user-accessible RAM door on the upcoming larger-display replacement for the 27" intel version. I think the days of users being able to tinker with their innards of their Macs have now sailed into the sunset..... Possibly it will still be possible, though, on the next version of the Mac Pro?

I'm sitting out this round of new releases, am patiently waiting for the arrival of the M2-based 16" MBP with all the trimmings..... Decided that my current iPad Pro and iPad Mini 5 are doing just fine and don't need replacing, and am not interested in the Air Tags or other stuff being offered this time around. I will be interested in hearing about how well the Air Tags actually do work in actual everyday use, though.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I didn’t the iMac. I’m gonna wait a little while longer. I did get the 64GB tv, the new remote for mom, the 512GB iPad in Space Gray, and the  Pencil.
Dude! That’s what I forgot. New Pencil. But I can always get that any time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I thought I was going to have time to shop and have a couple of holders here before they arrived, hahaha, better hit up Amazon :D

Well, maybe not, hahaha, looks like they stalled in customs[?] so Tuesday, no biggie we're doing a thing so won't be around anyway :D

However, I did order some cases/covers, these looked good, pretty solid reviews from some other of their products, price was right, and delivering on Saturday:

Got a few, different colors.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
This first M1-based iMac is based on the smaller 21.5" Intel iMac, and that one didn't have the user-openable RAM door on it, hasn't for quite some time, so I seriously doubt that the new 24" M1 one does, either. Aside from that, as has been mentioned, due to the whole M1 chip configuration (everything integrated right on it) this makes it unlikely to even have a user-accessible RAM door on the upcoming larger-display replacement for the 27" intel version. I think the days of users being able to tinker with their innards of their Macs have now sailed into the sunset..... Possibly it will still be possible, though, on the next version of the Mac Pro?

I'm sitting out this round of new releases, am patiently waiting for the arrival of the M2-based 16" MBP with all the trimmings..... Decided that my current iPad Pro and iPad Mini 5 are doing just fine and don't need replacing, and am not interested in the Air Tags or other stuff being offered this time around. I will be interested in hearing about how well the Air Tags actually do work in actual everyday use, though.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I didn't have any interest in the new iMacs. What was being discussed is the presumed larger size coming out to replace the 27in. My hopes are that it would allow for replacing the ram ( unlikely ) and a space gray option. I don't have a use for a yellow iMac, since I would NEVER see the yellow part of it, except the matching keyboard & other accessories. I also do NOT like the white bezel. As I said, I expect no replaceable RAM, but I can still hope.

Did you not already have a pencil?

Because despite all the rumors, we didn't get a different pencil.

I didn't pull the trigger for one on the new iPad, because I wouldn't put it past Apple to let pencils sell with the new iPads. Then when WWDC passes intro a NEW pencil that takes advantage of whatever the introduce with the new IOS.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score

This will be my first pencil. I decided that I’d get it now. I doubt they’ll introduce a new on anytime soon and if they do I’ll give mom this one and I’ll order the new one. Win-win! I think if there was gonna be a new pencil it would’ve debuted with the new iPad and the unfortunate white keyboard.

U

User.191

Well, I pulled the trigger and gave Apple $2K in exchange for a 256GB 12.9 iPad, magic Keyboard and Pencil 2.

My old launch day 9.7 Pro with keyboard folio and original pencil is still going strong but it's time to dedicate that for leisure and get this new one for work.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This will be my first pencil. I decided that I’d get it now. I doubt they’ll introduce a new on anytime soon and if they do I’ll give mom this one and I’ll order the new one. Win-win! I think if there was gonna be a new pencil it would’ve debuted with the new iPad and the unfortunate white keyboard.
The Pencil is invaluable for taking notes. I had heard a rumor that there would be a new Pencil, but obviously that didn’t happen.

@MissNomer - the magic keyboard changes the way you use the iPad.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
The Pencil is invaluable for taking notes. I had heard a rumor that there would be a new Pencil, but obviously that didn’t happen.

@MissNomer - the magic keyboard changes the way you use the iPad.

I heard about a rumor too. It never seemed credible to me, but I would’ve welcomed it all the same.

Yes it does!!!! I haven’t used my iPad in the same way since I got my keyboard! I love this thing. It’s totally changed my workflow. I wish it were made in a different material though. Knowing what I know now I’d never, ever get it in white.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I heard about a rumor too. It never seemed credible to me, but I would’ve welcomed it all the same.

Yes it does!!!! I haven’t used my iPad in the same way since I got my keyboard! I love this thing. It’s totally changed my workflow. I wish it were made in a different material though. Knowing what I know now I’d never, ever get it in white.
I'm willing to go there, for that stormtrooper vibe. I expect it to be a mess, which means it will be sticker bomb time when that happens. Also not sure how the backlighting will stand out.

JBaby

Power User
Reaction score
I'm willing to go there, for that stormtrooper vibe. I expect it to be a mess, which means it will be sticker bomb time when that happens. Also not sure how the backlighting will stand out.

Have your stickers ready now. It will look like trash 5 sec after unboxing.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Like this?

1619837768933.jpeg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Won't know, until we know.

I'm interested in finding out.

...and I have a lot of stickers.

51150674320_cff891a6dc_z.jpg

That's SOME of the choices. I think a white background makes for a great comic book look.

Top Bottom
1 2