Apple News push notifications from Fast Company hacked

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ugh, the age we live in. I am constantly fighting "let's put X in the cloud", because its easier and costs less perception. The business folks have totally drank the kool-aid and think the cloud will save a ton of money getting rid of the bloated IT budget. Then when they put their service in the cloud, they don't do the daily maintenance diligence that the IT folks who they thought were just overpaid. The daily care and feeding, patching, and security monitoring of applications are still on the customer responsibility no matter if you have it in on-prem or in the cloud.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Ugh, the age we live in. I am constantly fighting "let's put X in the cloud", because its easier and costs less perception. The business folks have totally drank the kool-aid and think the cloud will save a ton of money getting rid of the bloated IT budget. Then when they put their service in the cloud, they don't do the daily maintenance diligence that the IT folks who they thought were just overpaid. The daily care and feeding, patching, and security monitoring of applications are still on the customer responsibility no matter if you have it in on-prem or in the cloud.

File under another version of no free lunch. I think some companies figure if they offload the cost of the work, they also offload the responsibility for stuff going way wrong. I suppose that depends at last on dueling lawyers re contract language. Definitely no free lunch there!

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
File under another version of no free lunch. I think some companies figure if they offload the cost of the work, they also offload the responsibility for stuff going way wrong. I suppose that depends at last on dueling lawyers re contract language. Definitely no free lunch there!
Usually the security updates and patching of the applications are up to the customer. Amazon/Google/Azure will take care of their infrastructure, but not your applications. Unless you then sign up for some outsourced IT group ($$$), you will still need to have an IT group of some sort. The most I have seen in a legal back-and-forth is an agreement of a customer's data downloaded each night free of charge, for disaster recovery. Kinda of the opposite of disaster recovery for on premise applications. Bottom line, you are going to pay one way or another.

Top Bottom
1 2