Apple TV Amazon Prime app no longer plays HDR

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
There’s a thread at MR about this but starting one here out of boredom and for awareness. I’ve got a 2nd Gen 4K ATV and the Prime app no longer displays shows in HDR10. This is pretty new and perhaps caused by tvOS 16. Annoying because I love the visual quality of the better Prime shows. I don’t want to use native TV apps ever.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The more I use my Roku, the better I like it. I have an ATV in the theater, but a Roku in the bedroom. Rarely stream in there, but with TNF on Prime, I am using it more and more and really starting to prefer it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The more I use my Roku, the better I like it. I have an ATV in the theater, but a Roku in the bedroom. Rarely stream in there, but with TNF on Prime, I am using it more and more and really starting to prefer it.
Rokus are great, we’ve had several. I’d personally never take it over tvOS. However, if I were helping a very non-tech oriented person sort out their streaming situation, Roku TVs seem like great setups for them. No boxes, simple remotes, and a good native OS, way better than the shit TV manufacturers load into their sets.

Top Bottom
1 2