Are the big six computer manufacturers no longer good companies?

U

User 189

I'd like to see the opinion of this forum and how it compares to Maflynn's thread.

In my opinion, there are only two fresh apples left (excluding Apple, and no pun intended).
Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Lenovo is solid in terms of end user, consumer delivered machines.

And while dummy has been vocal about Razor, they're still a small, boutique player, very cool in terms of hardware design, but without the service depth of an Apple, Lenovo, HP, and I'd still consider Apple above those others given they have a direct channel, via a consumer store-front, for service.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
My last two work computers have been Hewlett packard, and they've been mostly great until they hit our IT departments policies, or MS updates.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've used Macbooks since 2007 - I was debating getting a PC laptop like a Lenovo but I'm waiting to see what the new MacBook Pros will be like.

D

Deleted member 199

Lenovo is solid in terms of end user, consumer delivered machines.
A couple of years ago they were shipping their machines from the factory with dodgy adware pre-installed, which installed a root cert on the machine, and -predictably- was later compromised.

1627038599260.png

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We always had Lenovo at school because that’s where we had the contract. They were…ok. I brought my Mac in with me every day and just used it on their network. I have a Surface Pro so I can keep a foot in the pc world and I must admit it’s pretty nice.

Top Bottom
1 2