Attorney General Bill Barr Resigns

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
He will be leaving on December 23rd. Donald Trump was about to fire him for not lying about election fraud so he apparently put in his resignation before Trump could do it.

From BuzzFeed
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump tweeted Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr will step down with just a month remaining in his administration, two weeks after Barr publicly threw cold water on the president’s insistence that his election loss was illegitimate because of widespread voter fraud.

Trump announced that Barr will leave the Justice Department before Christmas and will be replaced by Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen as acting attorney general. “Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job,” Trump insisted in his Monday tweet, but the announcement comes after recent friction between the president and Barr.

Barr will be replaced by Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen as acting attorney general. “Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job,” Trump insisted in his Monday tweet, but the announcement comes after recent friction between the president and Barr.
barr_resigns.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Actually, no:

Not fascinating.

I had wondered, you know, the usual questions that idly occur at such a time: Did he fall, accidentally or otherwise, or did he choose to jump, or leap heroically, or, rather, was he pushed? Or, more prosaically, was he merely a Republican rodent abandoning a sinking ship?

Or a sycophantic and spineless piece of human refuse (aka garbage) doing his appalling boss a final favour on the way out the window?

And then, I realised, as it belatedly dawned on me - and yes, what an unworthy thought - reading about that servile, supine, spineless letter of resignation, that no: As auctioneers - or estate agents - always say, "location, location, location," so, therefore, with the Trump administration it is, invariably, "headlines, headlines, headlines".....

Thus, and therefore, this is rather, and entirely predictably, a typical Trumpian move.

On the very day that the Electoral College formally casts its votes to affirm - and confirm - the choice of candidate selected by the electorate in the respective states to serve as President, formally bearing the title of President-elect from tonight, if courtesy has not already compelled his interlocutors to do so, prior to this, - normally an action, or exercise, that ranks as a rubber-stamping legal and political formality, but, this year, on account of that plethora of insane legal challenges contesting the outcome and legitimacy of the election, a process that has been invested with a greater then usual significance and political importance, Mr Trump and his servile sycophantic acolytes cannot bear to read, or face, or acknowledge headlines that refer to the confirmation of Mr Biden as President-elect, (as will happen once all of the state votes have been formally cast), and so, they decide to pull this stunt, and hope to steal the headlines, merely demonstrating yet again - as if any further proof were needed - what petty, pathetic, ungenerous, gutless creatures they are.

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Mr Trump and his servile sycophantic acolytes cannot beat to read, or face, or acknowledge headlines that refer to the confirmation of Mr Biden as President-elect, (as will happen once all of the state votes have been formally cast), and so, they decide to pull this stunt, and hope to steal the headlines. being the petty, pathetic, ungenerous, gutless creatures that they are.
The same thought occurred to me. Funny how these things always seem to happen just when the evening news goes on. 🤨

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
I had wondered, you know, the usual questions that idly occur at such a time: Did he fall, accidentally or otherwise, or did he choose to jump, or leap heroically, or, rather, was he pushed? Or, more prosaically, was he merely a Republican rodent abandoning a sinking ship?

Or a sycophantic and spineless piece of human refuse (aka garbage) doing his appalling boss a final favour on the way out the window?

I wish we knew his reasons. Alas, this was his resignation letter:
IMG_7024.JPG

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Gotta love it; paragraph one he bemoans how deeply divided the nation is. Paragraph 2, he launches into partisan attacks. And the amount of whining about how cruel everybody was to Donald paired with a bevy of compliments for the outgoing president - the mark of a true loyalist. Trump first, America second. You won’t be missed, Mr. Barr.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I will always wonder if Barr regrets having even considered taking that job.

But since he took it, I will also wonder how he thought he could do what we even know that he did, and escape scathing commentary by thousands of others in the legal profession...

U

User.45

Gotta love it; paragraph one he bemoans how deeply divided the nation is. Paragraph 2, he launches into partisan attacks. And the amount of whining about how cruel everybody was to Donald paired with a bevy of compliments for the outgoing president - the mark of a true loyalist. Trump first, America second. You won’t be missed, Mr. Barr.
Barr is the most cynical person I've ever seen in my life. At this point I think he considers this a challenge.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
That is quite possibly the most ass-kissy thing I have ever read. Much of it isn't even true. Operation Warp Speed doesn't appear to have been responsible in any way for the Pfizer vaccine's development. Apart from that, the guy needs to learn not to use semicolons. Ignoring the fact that they fell out of style decades ago, that should have been a comma.

U

User.45

That is quite possibly the most ass-kissy thing I have ever read. Much of it isn't even true. Operation Warp Speed doesn't appear to have been responsible in any way for the Pfizer vaccine's development. Apart from that, the guy needs to learn not to use semicolons. Ignoring the fact that they fell out of style decades ago, that should have been a comma.
Don't even get me started on how the Obama-era framework enabled Moderna's collaboration with NIH, and how Trump approached health science funding, a reason for which he faced staunch opposition and reversal. But Barr is a smart guy. He knows all this, he's just cynical like it's a competition.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shall we find the 150 “grammar” errors with it like with Dr Bidens dissertation?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Shall we find the 150 “grammar” errors with it like with Dr Bidens dissertation?

I'm up for it, but who really reads dissertations? If I have some interest in someone's research, which happens frequently enough, I look up their papers. It's usually a bit more time consuming in areas that focus on journal rather than conference publications, but it works.

I googled this out of curiosity, since dissertations are virtually always public. I can't recall the exact US laws concerning this. You can find most of them fairly easily though. Without excluding title page, toc, etc, it comes out to 137 pages. Carlson apparently suggested it contains more than 150 mistakes, but I'm skeptical as to how aggressively they marked things as mistakes. Sometimes things just fall out of style.

As for Barr's, even if I didn't comment on the poor use of a semicolon in a single page draft, it's still nonsense.

Don't even get me started on how the Obama-era framework enabled Moderna's collaboration with NIH, and how Trump approached health science funding, a reason for which he faced staunch opposition and reversal. But Barr is a smart guy. He knows all this, he's just cynical like it's a competition.

I can't comment on that as I didn't pay sufficient attention to what Obama set up there. I'm not sure how this makes Barr cynical either, unless you're suggesting he's competing for who can be the biggest ass kisser (good luck beating Pence). I'm tempted to google a few of these letters for former presidents. I can't imagine they contained this much "kiss the butthole ring" sub-context.

U

User.45

I'm up for it, but who really reads dissertations? If I have some interest in someone's research, which happens frequently enough, I look up their papers. It's usually a bit more time consuming in areas that focus on journal rather than conference publications, but it works.
Dissertations are public. The purpose is to advance science, if it's not public, you didn't complete the mission.

PhD theses are not about writing. Scientific writing should be as simple as possible. Nobody cares about writing esthetics. People hunting grammatical errors simply don't understand the purpose of a thesis.
I can't comment on that as I didn't pay sufficient attention to what Obama set up there. I'm not sure how this makes Barr cynical either, unless you're suggesting he's competing for who can be the biggest ass kisser (good luck beating Pence).
Simple: he depicts Trump's opposers as these vile creatures, but if people didn't oppose Trump, he would have curtailed the infrastructure that contributed to the development of the Moderna vaccine. So opposing Trump is evil and partizan, but Trump deserves all the credit for the vaccine. Again, Barr is a smart guy, he understands this, and the surgical precision with which he's ignoring these nuances is what I consider cosmic level cynicism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score

I googled this out of curiosity, since dissertations are virtually always public. I can't recall the exact US laws concerning this. You can find most of them fairly easily though. Without excluding title page, toc, etc, it comes out to 137 pages. Carlson apparently suggested it contains more than 150 mistakes, but I'm skeptical as to how aggressively they marked things as mistakes. Sometimes things just fall out of style.

As for Barr's, even if I didn't comment on the poor use of a semicolon in a single page draft, it's still nonsense.
It’s pretty much all style issues - as you’d expect. It’s a sexist and pathetic attack.

Top Bottom
1 2