Audiophiles, audio files, and A/B testing

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just got new earpads for my Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO. Holy shit this is the best closed headphone I've ever heard. It's ridiculous how much new ear pads matter.

Oh yeah, earpads can make a huge difference, both in comfort and sonic attributes.

I swapped out the stock earpads on my Sennheiser HD6XX for some Dekoni Elite Hybrid, they're made with fenestrated sheepskin so way more comfortable, thicker so they open up the soundstage a bit, didn't compromise any low end, the really beautifully clean highs are still present.

What did you get?

U

User.45

Oh yeah, earpads can make a huge difference, both in comfort and sonic attributes.

I swapped out the stock earpads on my Sennheiser HD6XX for some Dekoni Elite Hybrid, they're made with fenestrated sheepskin so way more comfortable, thicker so they open up the soundstage a bit, didn't compromise any low end, the really beautifully clean highs are still present.

What did you get?
Stock BeyerDynamic foam but black instead of that metallic velvet color.

i was dreaming about getting a HD600 again after a decade, but then reality hit. My office is next to the hospitals main vents and the low pitched buzzing would kill the open headphone experience.

no reason to complain tho. After 1.5 years, i can work uninterrupted by my kids.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Stock BeyerDynamic foam but black instead of that metallic velvet color.

i was dreaming about getting a HD600 again after a decade, but then reality hit. My office is next to the hospitals main vents and the low pitched buzzing would kill the open headphone experience.

no reason to complain tho. After 1.5 years, i can work uninterrupted by my kids.

Yeah, those Sennheiser open back designs are pretty much only good when you're alone in the quiet of deep space ... :ROFLMAO:

I do love them, they're so airy, the highs, like a string instrument just ring off into the distance, the soundstage feels so tangible, like, "Oh yeah, about 30 feet - way over there, someone is playing an acoustic guitar", but they're so easy to disrupt, they require a super isolated listening environment.

Top Bottom
1 2