Mental Health Autism

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
PS - Sorry it appears we’ve gone quite a bit off-topic here. Maybe I should clone this post onto another more appropriate thread....?

As the person who started the thread, part of me wants to yell "WRONG THREAD!". Also as the person who started the thread, and given the subject of the thread, I'm also thinking "Just chill dude. It's people talking, not pets getting slaughtered. Just let it go. It's honestly not a big deal."

It's been a fabulous exercise for me in not getting too caught up in the "Rules". :ROFLMAO:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, geez, apologies to @MEJHarrison I've done my part to contribute off-this-threads-topic posts, yeah, @Eric can you do some kind of admin magic and split all these OT posts into a new thread?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Oh yeah, geez, apologies to @MEJHarrison I've done my part to contribute off-this-threads-topic posts, yeah, @Eric can you do some kind of admin magic and split all these OT posts into a new thread?

It's honestly no big deal. I just drug a different thread off topic. They're public forums. It happens. No apologies needed. I'm good.

Relating it back to the topic, I know people on the spectrum who can just flip out over what would seem to be nothing. I'm not sure how common that may or may not be, or honestly if that's part of the Autism or something else altogether, but I'm nothing at all like that. Except for nice drivers, but those jerks deserve the rage. ;) Beyond that, It's nearly impossible to upset me or push my buttons. And the only people who can are those closest to me. Like immediately family. And it's almost impossible for them. No matter the situation, I'm able to find the positives in the situation.

I do recall a time my mother and sister got me mad. Intentionally. On purpose. I was a freshman as a wrestling tournament. And right before my match, they were pushing every button I have until they got me wound so tight I was ready to explode. I honestly couldn't figure it out, I just knew they wouldn't leave me alone. They were at the side of the mat heckling me and I was up next, so I couldn't get away. Then I went out there and annihilated my opponent. It wasn't even close. After the match my coach told me that was the previous year's state champ. And if I could harness that power all the time, who knows what I could do. Of course that just made me madder and added him to the list of buttholes that day since I realized he was in on it. There wasn't a chance in hell I was going to get angry like that all the time for a silly high school game. So ultimately their experiment failed. The reward wasn't worth the asking price to me. It was as absurd to me as getting a free steak for shoving a 12" needle in your gut. That's probably the angriest I've ever been. :ROFLMAO:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And correctly describing him as a white supremacist is what landed me in suspension.
He is absolutely a coward too. I criticized him and he reported me and I got a suspension too. He intentionally posts bigoted comments, and then spams the report button on those who push back. That such a repulsive creature can not only survive, but thrive on the MR forum platform tells you what kind of platform it truly is.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
As the person who started the thread, part of me wants to yell "WRONG THREAD!". Also as the person who started the thread, and given the subject of the thread, I'm also thinking "Just chill dude. It's people talking, not pets getting slaughtered. Just let it go. It's honestly not a big deal."

It's been a fabulous exercise for me in not getting too caught up in the "Rules". :ROFLMAO:

Also, one of the helpful things about having my brain wired like this is discursive diversions can happen along the path and be brought back to focus without confusion, and I can pick up where things left off without needing to review a bunch of stuff. This tends to work best when I’m either in a one-on-one conversation with someone or, at most, it’s one additional person in the conversation.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
He is absolutely a coward too. I criticized him and he reported me and I got a suspension too. He intentionally posts bigoted comments, and then spams the report button on those who push back. That such a repulsive creature can not only survive, but thrive on the MR forum platform tells you what kind of platform it truly is.
I think you meant "what a fine fellow, and even handed and fair platform"

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I know people on the spectrum who can just flip out over what would seem to be nothing. I'm not sure how common that may or may not be, or honestly if that's part of the Autism or something else altogether, but I'm nothing at all like that.

I have been told that I display some of the indicators, but the test gave me a 18. Just yesterday, I finally worked the cover off the steering wheel of this vehicle I have been driving so as to center the seam strip at the bottom. But that is more of an OCD thing (it seems like the AQ test had a lot of OCD type questions). When sitting upright, sometimes I rock a little, which I am told is an indicator. And let me tell you, last time on Jury duty, I stepped into the hallway, where 60 people were sitting around on benches having 40 conversations and the chatter reverberating off all that courthouse marble just about did me in.

I think mostly I am just antisocial – so much so that even those voices have stopped trying to tell me how crazy I am. I kind of miss them.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Just yesterday, I finally worked the cover off the steering wheel of this vehicle I have been driving so as to center the seam strip at the bottom.

I understand that one. Though I adjust it at stops and whatnot. I don't think mine is super tight.

Keep in mind with the score that the test is good at identifying those with high numbers, but it has a harder time sorting out those with low numbers. If it's something that concerns you enough, you can keep digging. I will probably never go that route myself, though I am curious.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
He appears to have a taken a sabbatical to mourn the closing of PRSI. He really did not post much outside that forum (look at the dates of his last 3 posts), but he had a dabble in the political news forum in 2019

View attachment 7163

He is nothing and he is no one without that white supremacist flag imagery and a scavenger bird as his avatar.

What kind of life even is that?

U

User 189

He appears to have a taken a sabbatical to mourn the closing of PRSI. He really did not post much outside that forum (look at the dates of his last 3 posts), but he had a dabble in the political news forum in 2019

View attachment 7163
He started using Bing? Maybe he just couldn't find his way back to MacRumors. ;)

U

User 189

No one ever showed up at my house asking questions about my Bing usage, no. Though I do little the little quizzes they provide for extra points sometimes.
Do you also use Microsoft Edge? I believe they give out bonus points to those who do.

Top Bottom
1 2